PDA

View Full Version : My Donzi needs a house.

McGary911
07-19-2003, 07:43 AM
It's about time that I got a shelter for the boat\trailer. I've checked around, and it seems like it's gonna cost me a touch more than $850 for a round enclosure that is 10 X 30 X 8. I need to be 30'long to fit the trailer and drive, and the door needs to be 6' high to get the thing in. I've checked with cover-it and a few others so far. I was wondering if anyone had another idea where to get one, possibly saving me a few $$$ in the process. I'll pay the $850, but I'd sure rather pay $500 or so :o :o :o

BUIZILLA
07-19-2003, 07:54 AM
Solution !! wink

you can leave it in my warehouse, rent free, and your welcome to come visit it as often as you like...

J

GAWD... I regret missing that deal

MOP
07-19-2003, 12:50 PM
The nice thing about those enclosures is they are a kit and usualy have a full lenth pipe base. But you can save alot by going to a green house supply and buying the stuff seperate, you will need to drive pipes into the ground VERY straight for the overhead hoops. I have helped with both, they are easy to asemble, the kits mostly have silver canvas the green house stuff has super tough clearish plastic. You need vents on either in the warmer weather.

McGary911
12-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Well, I ordered my tent from cover-it in november, and put it up yesterday. 12x8x30 The instructions sucked, but we got it together anyway. It is actually very well made, and looks like it will last as long as i need it to. It ended up costing $670 + 80 for shipping. It happened to be on sale when i called....yep, got lucky. Doors on both sides. It's not pearson's garage\house, but it will do my Donzi fine. :) http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary51.jpg

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Ah, yes. That's the nice thing about boats. They don't rust away when you park them on a dirt floor like cars do. As long as they're covered, they're happy.

FR :p

McGary911
12-31-2003, 03:35 PM
Stones going down this weekend wink It was getting late, and we didn't feel like firing up the backhoe....and yes, my car is starting to get a bit rusty, but that's what I get for living on the ocean :)