PDA

View Full Version : Hot Trailer Tip! A real Yipee for me!

MOP
07-17-2003, 05:07 PM
As most of you know a few of us made it up to the 1000 Island meet. I trailer all the time the thing that has driven me crazy for years is the DAMN reciever hitch clanking and banging! Well fellow trailer Buds I cured it, not only was my ride up & back silent but I totaly forgot the hitch was still in the reciever till I beat my shin agaist it today loading mulch. Well enough BS on to my Hot Tip!!!

Get your hands on a strip of Roll Rubber Roofing, cut a piece about 8 inches long and just wide enough to fit the slot, slip it into the reciever first now holding the bitter end shove the hitch in and pin it. Noise is now exstinct, I pulled it out up at the gathering to see how it held up, had no sign of getting chewed up and now after 1,300 miles it is still stone dead quiet!!

Greg K
07-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Roll rubber roofing is to MOP like duct tape is to rednecks.. :D wink

mikev
07-17-2003, 05:33 PM
sounds like a great idea did you just stuff it in so that it lays on the bottom of the receiver or does it wrap around the hitch. and what does that rubber roof stuff look like i have never seen it.

mikev
07-17-2003, 05:38 PM
since my wife keeps telling me that even though i may have grown up in california that i am still a redneck can i use the duck tape for this. :p :p :p

MOP
07-17-2003, 06:48 PM
The rubber strip would not fit in the bottom so I sliped it in the top, just one layer. My other halfs kid is in the roofing biz so I bum the stuff off him for al kinds of stuff. It is very similar ti inner tube rubber and that would probably do the same job. Try it you won't be sorry.

Phil

mphatc
07-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Another way to never hear your receiver hitch, drive faster, fast enuf so the boat is always maintaining tension on the hitch . . :p :p :D

The low trailer that my Corsican sits on is stable to 95 mph, and that is fast enuf . . . eek! Now to get the baot to be that fast in water :D :D

Mario L.

Tony
07-17-2003, 07:42 PM
LMAO...constant tension on the trailer hitch, I love it!

MOP
07-17-2003, 08:00 PM
I do respect that statement from "MILE PER HOUR ADDICT" It does count for POINTS!