5:30am to 10PM every day :) I love summer
Chris

Snap ring pliers where are you?

Rootsy
07-16-2003, 09:26 PM
this looks like it could be FUN :D

boldts
07-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Lookin very nice Chris. Should be one very awesome 22 Classic when your finished. Can't wait to see the GPS speedo picture! eek! :D

mattyboy
07-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Chris ,
very nice work, but excuse me NO LIFE????
you have been to 2 donzi events so far and July ain't over yet :p wink :D
put the tools down , grab the cooler and head to the beach DR.'s order
remember I was pre med in college eek!
the 22 can wait a day or 2

Matty
cooler and sunblock in hand

Barry Phillips
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Mighty Mouse look out. Wow! Donzi shoud pay you for R&D. Chris the boat looks great, the drive is BAD @&%. From what I can see the finish looks great to. This well be one unique 22, can't wait to see it run, you owe me a ride some day.

SO-SLO

HP 600SC
07-17-2003, 08:41 AM
No life?? That is about as much fun as a guy can have!!! Wait till you really have to WORK for a living!! I am sending you 3 LBS of Cheese to go with that WHINE!!!
Nice job Chris, it looks great!! :D
I have a surprise photo to post soon along the same ASD-6 lines :)
Cat. Ted

MOP
07-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Chis it looks awesome! I can see beads of sweat forming on the brow of of that little blue rockets owner. Can't wait for the results! I know they will be great.

Phil

CDMA
07-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys. For the record I don't think she will run with Mighty Mouse or maybe even some other 22's, at least to start. The plan right now is to make this a reliable turnkey package that is still fast and has the handling and efficiency advantages of the Arneson. Big power will be a possibility in the future. Could it be blue motor time?

Ted you sure have mastered the edit feature wink

Chris

olredalert
07-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Chris,

-------Looks like you will be done in a week or two at most.What will you do with the rest of the summer?Hummmm,Ligenfelter 540,no,maybe too small!
-------Enjoyed your parents immensly.They were a true bonus to the weekend.Real boaters bring protective gear,but even the rain slicker your mom had didnt help on Saturday.And your dad couldnt seem to wipe the grin off his face.
-------By the way,is that pearl white paint on the extension box?Seemed to have a little glow to it.Thought maybe Pearson got hold of it too.............Bill S

Murphy
07-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Chris,

All I can say is "WOW". Quality workmanship! This is an extremely interesting conversion of a 22 and I'd like to know more. Would you be willing to sketch out a tech article that describes the components and conversion process? If (when) the Alpha SS bites the dust, I might want to go this route.

Murph

Jamesbon
07-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Nice job Dood!

Great minds think alike... :D :D :D

...now if I could just get my digi cam back from Kelly :rolleyes:

oldLenny
07-17-2003, 05:40 PM
...nice work Chris...

:D

Cuda
07-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Jamesbon:
Nice job Dood!

Great minds think alike... :D :D :D

...now if I could just get my digi cam back from Kelly :rolleyes: Any progress on yours Nate?

CDMA
07-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Ol Red,

Nope the box is not pearled. It is straight white powdercoat. The boat is all red perled in both the white and red.

Right now the Areson is silver which I sort of like. However the K planes are black. I was thinking they should match the arneson but actually the black looks real good test fit on the transom and I am so hesitant to paint over the perfect balck powder coat (?) that is on there. Suggestions?

Chris

GEOO
07-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Chris,
The Box & Drive looks nice and clean. It going to be nice with reverse!!! What's next with your rigging?

CDMA
07-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Geoo,

Been sitting here for an hour debating, looking, measuring where I want the tabs. Inboard, outboard, how high, flat or angled. Do I want them inboard so when I go to rocker plates ( maybe) the holes are covered? Decisons.

After that I am working on the transmission and rear engine mount. Then I am out of the engine compartment and up forward to fuel system and dash design. Leaving the engine for last...

Chris

Eugene Nahemow
07-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Chris,
Great looking job.
Keep us posted on the progress.

Regards.

Rick
07-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Chris looks very clean. What a nice job! Guess you made the right decision (do it all.) Can't wait to hear how she does. Sound like you are enjoying yourself. Better on the boat than in the bars. You are sooooo responsible, but I guess that's why you are doing what your doing. Keep up the good work. Rick