PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about Mercruiser 370 drives?

Donzigo
10-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, we happened upon a Donzi for sale with 454's and two 370 drives on it. John Mitchell (John & Bea), asked that I ask if anybody on the Donzi.net has ever heard of them. I haven't. They are from 1987 vintage ???????? Good - Bad - What?

Please comment if you know anything. He'll be responding to ya.

Thanks, Donzigo

BUIZILLA
10-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Richard, the 370 was a GOOD all around package, especially with opposite personality drives... small port head 454's are torquey monsters.. UI wouldn't be afraid of them if they are in good running condition. Tell us more about the rest of the deal...

J

Donzigo
10-08-2003, 09:04 PM
So, Mitchell, David & I are up at John's Pass Donzi dealer and we see this sweet boat with these 270 drives and new 454 MPI engines. I'm hoping to talk Mitchell into buying it. I talked to another guy here in St. Pete who also said the same thing. Great outdrive package very heavy duty. I think 23 inch Mirages, counter rotating.

It's YELLOW.......John's color, too. thanks for the info. OK, John, say something, this is after all your post..............

Team Hula Girl
10-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Richard, thanks for posting the question. I will try and get some pics to show of this Donzi. The 454MPI motors appear to be positioned about 12-20 inches from the inside transom wall with what could be a gear box/transmission? the outdrive has a sticker that says 370. I was just trying to get some insight on these drives if anybody has any. Good/bad/indifferent it doesn't matter.

Since I am now boatless for a while I am not sure what might happen when I go through withdrawals. It has only been three days and I am already missing the "Beas's Nest" Hopefully Donzi Marine wll have her back to me soon.

John