PDA

View Full Version : Bittersweet day...

Tony
08-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Well the party is over for me, since tomorrow I report back to school to prepare for 90 sixth graders arriving Wednesday. So I took advantage of a gorgeous Michigan day, with not a cloud in the sky and 75 degree temps, to splash the Donzi.

Dropping in at Grand Haven we first cruised Spring Lake, where we saw a sweet white and black 18, with a black interior. After busting out on the big lake for a while, we next went up the Grand River a ways, where we saw a blue '88 Z-29 for sale. From a distance it seemed somewhat neglected, but it has twin power and may be obtained for a reasonable price. I have the phone number if anyone is interested.

Lastly, again on Spring Lake, I spotted a great looking cream and deep red '88 Hornet, owned by a guy named Mike. Earlier he ran into Jay Wright, who suggested he check out this site, as did I. So, if you're here, welcome Mike...great Hornet...post some pictures and get it registered.

Craig
08-19-2002, 06:34 AM
Tony,
Hey, don't worry, you can always slip in a week-end run if things get too disgusting "back at school." I know this is probably old news, but I just saw your boat (I'm pretty sure) in the Donzi catalog. Awesome! That issue will be a treasure for you. Not to change the subject, but when is Donzi going to revise their annual catalog pics of the 16 and 18 Classics. I don't know if I'm the only one noticing this, but they've been using the same two pics for years!!! C'mon put something different in. Later!
Craig