PDA

View Full Version : Alum Creek Shootout - When? Where? Who?

Ranman
10-07-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking of pulling the Donzi down to the Alum Creek Shootout for a last run and some fun. When's the official date? Is anyone else planning on going?

How about some info on what's happened in the past? It looks like about a 3 hour drive for me (200mi), so it might be in the cards for me to go.

Let's hear it from you guys, Hyper, ScottB, Smoothie..

ITTLFLI
10-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey Ranman!

A group of at least 5 boats will be coming from cincy! We had a really good turnout last year! It is a small lake but has a nice long run so most boats can really air them out! Last year there were probably 30+/- boats!

DRAG THAT DONZI DOWN TO COLUMBUS!!!Bring some other MI donzi guys also!! :D

smoothie
10-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Count me in!!!Last year there was many fast boats,100mph plus,its been happening this time every year since 82... Keep an eye on offshoreonly for the latest updates.

Ranman
10-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Where do you guys stay? Do I need lodging? Is there a party the night before/after? I could possibly come down Friday night and leave Saturday evening or I could come down Saturday morning and leave Sunday morning. I just need to figure out what to do.

P.S. Byron, Are you or Chris bringing any of the Reindl's down?

ITTLFLI
10-07-2003, 02:56 PM
I plan on playing the overnight thing by ear. If I do stay overnight it will probably be on my boat. There are hotels nearby though.

The APBA Nationals are the same weekend in ST. Pete. All the Reindl boats will be in FL!

You can follow what is happening also on:

www.hilsingermotorsports.com (http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com)

Byron

HyperDonzi
10-07-2003, 03:32 PM
It is Saturday the 18-Sunday the 19 morning. There is going to be 3$ breakfast at the marina, if you want. I am camping out, If it gets cold I will drive home. I think everyone can camp out in my backyard.

Randy, make it down here.

Tommy

Ranman
10-07-2003, 04:13 PM
I think everyone can camp out in my backyard. Yippee! Slumber party at Tommy's. So where will all the trucks and trailers go and what's mom cooking for dinner? :D :D

Seriously though, I don't even own a tent.

If people asre staying somewhere (ie hotel/motel), or if someone local wants to offer up a spare room (inside), I'll come down the night before. Otherwise, I'll come down that morning.

Oh yeah, this whole thing hinges on the weather too. 60F or better with sun and I'm there, any less and it's "good luck fools".

smoothie
10-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Ranman,Im driving the same day,only 2 hrs away,but the lake is minutes away from columbus and I dont have to tell you who's home that is eek! :D A lot of nightclubs and bars.It sounds like other folks will be heading that way friday night.come on 50F or better!

Ranman
10-07-2003, 08:14 PM
I'll do 50F if the sun is out. :p

ITTLFLI
10-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Come on guys :D

You can always put onm your ski coat and a helmet :D

ITTLFLI
10-08-2003, 11:57 AM
:D

smoothie
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Im not a member of the 100 mph club so Im gonna look pretty stupid with a helmet on and going 35mph :D

HyperDonzi
10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
smoothie:
Im not a member of the 100 mph club so Im gonna look pretty stupid with a helmet on and going 35mph :D HAHAHA!!! remember Lamb? Oh well, at least they had the excuse! 110, 118, and 135mph with three different boats.

boldts
10-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Gentlemen, Hummm yep I guess I call Columbus home, but I'm on the East side about 20 minutes and a good 30 minutes South East of Alum Creek. Randy, you'd be welcome to stay at our house if you want, but it's not very convienent for ya since your coming from the North.

Anyone talk Roadtrip into coming down? I am planning to come up to the lake although I won't have the boat with me. Hyper, I'll bring your shirt with me. Looks like Saturday will be a great day as long as the showers on Friday get out of here. You got to love Indian Summer.

Sat
Oct 11 Partly Cloudy 70°/50° 10% chance rain

Sun
Oct 12 Scattered Showers 62°/38° 30% chance rain

Jbesst
10-08-2003, 05:10 PM
OK now I'm confused! 11th,12th or 18th,19th? Scott B.if your interested, I may take the Whaler Dauntless to watch from and to help out if any safety boats are needed. Winterized the 22 last weekend and put her in storage at Lake Erie and both the 18 and G3 are in pieces.Ranman I live south of town and about 30 miles from Alum Creek lake but you are welcome to stay with us. Lots of Hotels and places to eat at the Polaris exit ,about 10 min. from lake. Call 614-797 2101(office) and I will be happy to get you names and numbers. Watch out Smoothie the Whaler will run 35.5 mph in a 6" chop.

HyperDonzi
10-08-2003, 06:02 PM
The 17 (sat) and the 18 (sun)

As for safety boats, This is an UNOFFICIAL event. If DNR asks what Im doing, I am replying "I am just going out for a day on the water sir I have no idea whats going on over there"

Smoothie, did you see when that Blown Warlock said that to him last year? Now that was priceless!

smoothie
10-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Hyper...check your last post on page 1...Alum is scheduled for Sat.10/18 and Ceaser's creek is on Sun.the 19th.and thats what the OSO board is saying.

boldts
10-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks Hyper. I thought the dates were this coming weekend. (Probably should be by the looks of the future weather, but we all know how accurate weather.com is. :) )

Jim, thank-you for the opportunity to be on the water. Last year, one of the cats put a hole in the bottom and had to beach the boat. The local officer wasn't very happy about no one telling them about the shoot-out going on. Have to admit, I ran into that same scenario at Lake Cumberland 2 years ago. Rumors of racing and every other imaginable thing going on. Big Grizzly explained to them it was just a Donzi gathering and I've always notified them what weekend we were coming since then.

HyperDonzi
10-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Scott, Sailors have the lake this weekend :(

Group of us are going to camp out sat at Alum. The day at alum is the 18, Sat.

boldts
10-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Well gentlemen, just found out I'm needed at work next Saturday. It's a 12 hour shift starting at 7am. It is over-time pay which is a good thing, but I'll miss seeing some of the fastest watercraft in the area. Not to mention some good friends. Weater looks promising though.

Sat
Oct 18 Partly Cloudy 60°/35° 20% chance rain

Sun
Oct 19 Partly Cloudy 60°/36° 20% chance rain