PDA

View Full Version : great site

maddad
08-18-2002, 12:11 PM
I want to say thanks to all the members who make this such a great site.I've lurked here a while and learned everything I needed to know to get my Donzi back together.2 more questions I need help with.I have a crank driven raw water pump and want to add a strainer.Is it better to push or pull the water through?Also, I would like to register my boat here, but can't get to the bottom of the page to fill out the form.[webtv] Any advice on the strainer or registration? Thanks, Mike

harbormaster
08-18-2002, 12:43 PM
No Problem Mike,
Email the following information to me and I will enter your boat into the registry. Email me some photos and I will put them on your registry page. Tell us all aout your boat in the description(how you found it, what you have done to it or are doing to it, Where you like to boat, etc.)
http://www.donzi.net/photos/regform.jpg

maddad
08-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Thank you Harbormaster.I'll snail you some pictures to go with that in a few weeks, when the boat has water around it again.Anyone have an opinion on the strainer? Mike

BigGrizzly
08-18-2002, 09:46 PM
The Raw water stranier should be before everything, especially coolers and water pumps.
In my boats it is the very first thing after the water pickup.

Randy

maddad
08-18-2002, 09:58 PM
That makes a lot of sense and will work for me with next to no modification. Thanks, Mike

MOP
08-19-2002, 07:18 AM
A nice addition is to add a water pump pressure gauge it tells alot. If pressure goes down can be either strainer junk or impeller going bad, if it goes up you are getting a restriction. We Salt guys get rust flakes jamming up the risers time to time.

maddad
08-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reply M.O.P. If I do set up a pressure gauge, should it read from the oil cooler(outside the circ. pump), or the block? Mike

Moody Blu'
08-19-2002, 10:20 PM
ya! welcome!

theres great info here!(and a bunch of characters wink )

I have a sherwood water striner and its all plastic, I've had it for about 10 years on the boat and it is still working great.

Yes before everything...

Also, if you ever decide to change your water intake to a transom mount, youll already have a strainer to protect the motor wink

To answer your question in my opinion.I would set up the pressure gauge right after the strainer.

does this sound right guys?