PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1 temp

Philip47
10-04-2003, 01:49 PM
If you let your boat high idel (1,500 - 1,800) on the hose for 15mins (winter time, charge battery, fresh fuel etc) with the foot of Bravo down (but not all the way due to the trailer)3/4 up on the drive gage, Will the Bravo one get pretty warm in the gear case area? Mine did, is that normal or do I have a problem?

Greg Maier
10-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I don't think you are supposed to run your engine at those RPM's with the drive in the trailer position. In the trailer position, the drive loses a lot of the support of the gimbel ring. Also, I would imagine that the drive would get hot even though it is not in gear. The input shaft is still spinning even though it is not in gear, and I would imagine that this could build up heat in the drive oil.

MOP
10-05-2003, 07:22 AM
I don't think you will get it hot enough to do any harm, when we used the prop shaft dyno the gear cases would get pretty darn hot being under load with a flushette. With no load the temp build up should not be near as severe.

BigGrizzly
10-05-2003, 04:49 PM
If you have silent choice or through prop it will get hot. The reasion your not suppose to run it like that in trailer is because of the universals not the gear oil--too much anglr and they will go south. Don't ask me how I know this!

MOP
10-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Check the back posts Griz fessed up to the U Joint Issue!