PDA

View Full Version : 289 Motor Mounts????

DonziNUTS
09-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Gentlemen Please Help!!!
I just picked up a 1966 Sweet Sixteen with original 289 and Holman Moody exhaust manifolds and outdrive. The boat is in pieces and when I got home and sorted everything I was missing a couple of things. My main concern are the motor mounts!!! I called the guy and he said he will look for them. To be honest I do not think he knows where they are! Does anyone know or have a set to sell? Or does someone have the dimensions or drawing so i can fabricate these? Any directions will help greatly!!!

PS I am also looking for the chrome vent piece on the deck above the transom?
Thanks!!!

Mike

HOTFOOT
09-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Are you referring to the pieces of angle that bolt to the stringers or the two mounts that attach these to the front mount plate on the front of the engine? These are 1 inch solid steel round stock 4 inches log welded to 1/4 inch wall thickness steel angle. There are pinch bolts on the front plate that allow adjustment of the two brackets.

Rodger
09-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Many of the 1966 16's had the Interceptor Small Block Ford setup. They had an aluminum oil pan with the engine mounts incorporated into the pan. It doesn't sound like that is what you are looking for, but on the off chance it is; I have that pan with mounts.

mphatc
09-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Post me directly, I have clear images of what they look like and can fwd. them to you

langsten@comcast.net

MPHATC
69 H&M 302 in a Corsican

Greg
10-01-2003, 06:28 PM
I have the motor mounts and the angle iron that attached them to the stringers somewhere in my garage. They are out of a '66 18' classic that came with a 289-2bbl Intercepter. If you need them, let me know and you can have them for just the shipping charges. Good Luck with your project. Greg

BigGrizzly
10-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Our H&M 1966 16 had stock Ford mounts onthe block with a piece of bar stock welded across te tp to keep it from dropping. I bough ours new and we still have it, only now it is a 302. It does have a bar under the oil pan that connects the to mounts similar to an off shore type . It doesn't have a solid front or rear engine mount and it never did.

DonziNUTS
10-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys!
I do have the mounts, as I did not know how they mounted the engine. I do not have the solid bar that keeps the block from dropping. How does that work? Is there mounts in the front? or only in the rear?
Still a little confused :confused: