PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for Mike Miller

terry
09-29-2003, 03:54 PM
Mike Millers house suffered EXTENSIVE fire damage this weekend. Mike was out of town but his wife and children and their cousins were home, they escaped through a window un-harmed......thank God!

Lets ALL keep them in our thoughts and prayer's through this hard time for them and see if we can help them in any way.........how about we set up a donation fund...who can help coordinate this with me...???

Mike what can we do to help??

CDMA
09-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Mikey,

Whatever you need. Money, help, a place to stay ANYTHING I can do please let me know.

Chris

Greg K
09-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Please let us know if there is anything we can help out with...hang in there man.

bverd
09-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Whatever you need, whatever it takes. Thank god everyone is safe and sound.

--bverd

MOP
09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Thank God all went well for your family, my thought are with you.

Phil

Shanghied Again
09-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Mike, If you need anything please give me a call on my cell 732-674-6877. Thank God your family is ok.

TuxedoPk
09-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Mike,

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but happy to learn that your family escaped unharmed. I pray that your your loss of family photos aad sentimental items were minimal.

In Frebruary the furnance in a house I was about to move into after 3 years of restoration broke causing the entire house to freeze. Almost every pipe cracked; every toilet cracked; etc.

Let me strongly suggest that you hire a public adjuster to handle your claim with the insurance company. My reimbursement for an empty house has exceedeed $500k, at least twice what I would have anticipated had I not had a public adjuster fighting the insurance company on my behalf; They also handled my claim for an almost equal amount for the non-building losses such as reimbursement of a rental home,etc. You will also find that having an intermediary dealing with the insurance company and estimates will eliminate a significant amount of extra stress in your life following this type of loss.

I hope that after all the emotional stress of what you've been thru and must now face, you will one day be able to look back on this tragedy as having been a financial benefit in the long term.

If there is anything I can do to help you in the short term or advice I can provide on dealing with the insurance company, please email me.

Rich

BUIZILLA
09-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Mikey, take a deep breath of thanx, and also take to heart what Tux said about the Public Adjuster. He may not have a rudder sometimes, but what he says, can make or break this heartache into a positive.

Praise the Lord the house didn't have window bars like a TON of wierdo's do to houses down here... eek!

Chin up dude!!

J

GEOO
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Mike, Glad to hear everyone is OK, that's the most important thing!!!
I hope you had all the good Donzi photo's in a fire proof box!!!? wink
I can't imagine the feeling having most of your belongings damaged :(
I'm a builder and have done some estimates for fire, water, oil spill and other loses. If you need any help with replacement/repair cost to deal with the claim call me and I might be able to help. (203)258-5222.

Air 22
09-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Mike...not sure when you'll get this but if their is ANYTHING Crissy & I can do please call 919-696-1968, or 919-785-4322

Thank God your family is ok...

Dr. Dan
09-29-2003, 08:10 PM
:cool: I spoke to Mike this evening as well and in typical Miller Fashion...he is an eternal optimist! wink
Ted and anyone else who is interested....Liz & I will be periodically sending down donations and Care Packages....
The Atlantic Coast Donzi Owners Association and Friends alike will be helping to coordinate any relief possible! Right now the immediate needs are for Basics such as clothing for Mike and Angie...gift certificates, and Donations would be welcome. Anyone who is interested in contributing can send them in care to:

The Atlantic Coast Donzi Owners Association
20 Lisburn Avenue, Shrewsbury ,Pa 17361

717-227-2254

Any Monies Should be made payable to: Mike Miller

I will collect the donations/certificates and make sure the Millers recieve them ASAP! And regularly! Thanks In Advance to all....any questions please contact me directly!

Doc
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com (http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com)

CrackerJack
09-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Mike, sorry to hear about your home, and glad the family was not injured.
I endorse Ted's idea of a donation fund.
Ted, I can check into setting up an account at
Bank of America here and then transfering the donations to you or Mike. If that doesn't work
I will personally accept and account for the donations.
Wish I could do more, Jack

terry
09-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Dr.Dan & Crackerjack.....sounds like we have a good plan! Now how about it gang?
Mike has done more for this group than you all will ever know! Now its time to help him and his family in their time of need.....
Send what you can and Dig deep if you can.
The sooner the better.

I am going to send a check out tomm.

Dr. Dan has posted his address for the donations.

Crackerjack will be posting one soon as well.

Send it to who ever is easier....

Thanks.

CrackerJack
09-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Ted,
Lets keep it simple and have one focal point. Dr.Dan has it already in motion for collecting the donations. Our donation is in the mail Tuesday.
Thanks, Jack

terry
09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Jack, that makes sense.....
I am sending our donation to Mike's business address direct. I will talk to him tomm. and see if he is OK with me posting that address,
it might make things easier and faster.

mattyboy
09-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Glad no one is hurt
Please let us know what we can do?

Matt and Marie

Dr. Dan
09-29-2003, 09:16 PM
wink Very Cool Guys & Gals...Liz's Company uses Mikes Company on a pretty regular basis...so we are in constant touch with Mr. Miller...let's take the "Power of the Board" to the next level!

Again Thanks In Advance For This Opportunity To Help Out A Family Who Has Brought All Of Us So Much Over The Years! wink

Doc
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com (http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com)

smokediver
09-29-2003, 09:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear the bad news ...does mike live in sarasota? if not please let me know so that i can contact the ff union there and see what can be done in the short term.. we had a family here get burned out and were able to get them a place to stay ... I am going to send a donation to mike's business ... please let me know..

Dr. Dan
09-30-2003, 05:51 AM
Smoke........Mikes home and business is located in Bradenton,Florida .... :cool:

knee deep
09-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Mike, am so genuinely sorry to hear about your horrific loss. If there is anything we can do to help please let me know. Thank God no one was hurt or injured. God Bless!

Woodsy
09-30-2003, 06:46 AM
Mike...

I am horrified to hear this news... I am so glad to hear that everyone is ok. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask...

Woodsy

Digger
09-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Mike hang in there, stay strong and God bless.

Ranman
09-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Mike,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you, Angie and the kids are OK. Jenn and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Randy

Dr. Dan
09-30-2003, 08:00 AM
wink O.K. Boy & Girls Listen UP! I spoke to Mike this morning and he does not have a problem with any monies or gifts being sent to his house directly....they are still able to receive mail and I have been authorized to post his home Address. :p

Mike Miller
336 31st Street West
Bradenton, Fl 34205

Anything sent to the Atlantic Coast Group will still be forwarded...and I will still be coordinating relief from our end...but due to the overwhelming support of Mike and Angies situation, and the interest in providing as immediate of a response as possible...feel free to mail directly to Mike & Angie as well! :cool:

Doc

smokediver
09-30-2003, 08:18 AM
I spoke to my local president today .. L2396 is going to make a donation.. we are contacting the union in that area to see if there can be anything else done ....

terry
09-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Dr.Dan,
I was just posting his business address........

Ok, guys...I see a lot of phone numbers posted to call if you need anything....thats great!
BUT.........He is not going to call us for a donation........just do it!!!!!

waleyetwo
09-30-2003, 09:16 AM
very sorry to hear that mike glad nobody got hurt. count the winni bandets in.keep us posted.

Sean
09-30-2003, 10:06 AM
So very sorry about the loss. Glad to hear that everyone is safe physically. Hope for quick emotional healing to you and your family. Sounds like you have great support from those close to you. Take care and God Bless not more was lost.

mjpcowboy
09-30-2003, 10:23 AM
I went through the same thing when I was about 13 what a pain in the :( :( :( I am glad that everyone is ok. I wish you and your family the best of luck in the rebuilding process.

Tidbart
09-30-2003, 02:33 PM
This may be kind of presumptuous of me, but I can't think of a better use of the profits from the Seadog Tshirt sales. I would like to make a donation from that fund if no Seadog has an objection. I wasn't sure what we were going to do with the money anyways. The donation would be in the name of the SEADOGS.

Any objections??

I didn't think so.

Thanks Seadogs.

Our thoughts are with you Mike and family!

Bob and Ranya

J&K SHAHBAS
09-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Mike I hope you and your family are ok Kathy and I are right across the skyway so please call for
anything even if its just a helping hand. Material
items can be replaced but your family is whats most important. Cell 858-518-2527 dont hesitate
to call day or night.

Budman
09-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Mike: sorry to hear about your loss. I have been thru a fire before as a result of lightning striking my parent's house. It was a major disruption, but we managed to get thru the re-building process in several months.

Lil Grizz
09-30-2003, 03:50 PM
I am speechless. Sorry for the loss and anything I can do no matter how small dont hesitate to ask.

Team Hula Girl
09-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know any info about Mikes Kids? Ages? How many Boys/girls etc? I am not sure to what they may need, but I can definitely get some donations of neccesary items. I am just a short drive from the Miller Family and would be glad to bring actual items down to them.

Tedd, If you need me to do anything from this area just give me a call.

John and Bea. 813-363-0011

terry
09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Bob, that is awesome!!
I am sure All of the SeaDogs will gladly want the tee shirt money to go to Mike and his family.

John, thats a great Idea.....I will find out the sizes and post it tomm.
Thank you,

MikeMiller
09-30-2003, 06:29 PM
There are not enough, or the right kind, of words to express our emotions and gratitude to all of you!

We are not sure what we have done to be blessed by so many friends, but we thank God for you and your blessings.

FACTS:
Everyone is safe!
Angie and the kids did not go out the window, although would have 3 minutes later!
The entire house is not a total loss but we'll find out soon how much.
Michael, my son is 7; Meagan, my step daughter is 14.
Angie, my wife, is the love of my life.
You are the greatest collection of individuals in the world.

I will speak with you again soon when I return to my office after dealing with house adjusters and inspectors and contractors.

Thank you so much for your love and kindnesses. We are forever in your debt.

Dr. Dan
09-30-2003, 06:49 PM
:D Mikey...If God were to put an individual on this planet that would emulate the passion and enthusiasm for life, that we all share in owning our Donzis....that individual is definitely you Brother! wink There is not an individual on this Board who does not hold you and your Family in their own heart! As the days come to pass...so will this time in your life, and yet with such Tragedy comes the realization that the True Definition of Wealth Is Measured Not In Monies...But In The Friendships and Memories That We All Share! May God Bless You And Your Family and The Angels That Watch Over Them... wink

:cool: Doc

terry
09-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Mike,
please do not hesitate to post anything you need
us to do or anything you all need.

BigGrizzly
09-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Mike. just checked the board and heard. Our prayers are with you. You have the numbers call if you need or want anything. I know what your going through It has happened to my family twice. Fire is so devistating it is unreal. I am thanking all the powers to be that you and your family are safe!

FASTEDDIE
09-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Mike & Angie,
Mike, when we first started the Lake George Donzi Classic Club in 1996, it was the Miller Brothers who flew up here and gave credibility and enthusiasm to our new venture and we will always remember that support. We all are chipping in and sending you a token of our return support and thanks in your time of need. We love you brother. Keep your head up high and think positive forever. :D :D

Pistol Pete
09-30-2003, 08:03 PM
Mike:

Sorry to hear of your loss, but glad to hear nobody was hurt. Mine and Mo's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything we can do were there.

catch 22
09-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Mike, we are sorry to hear about your home. But thank god everyone's ok. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask. Everyone on this site is your extended family and we are here to help . God bless and take care. Jim and Gina :)

Crazy Horse
09-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Mike & Angie,
We are thinking of you often. Praying for you daily.
John & Trish

Mark Albers
09-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Capt Mike wink

I get substantial discounts on building products
(windows etc) thru Owens Corning

Let me know if I can help with the rebuild process

Donna is home most days
She would like to help

Everything in life happens for a reason
Someday it will make sence

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Islander
10-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Mike,
So sorry to hear of your loss, but happy that you and your family are safe. My prayers are with you. Please count on my support.

KMLFAMILY
10-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Mike, We hope all turns out better than before for you and your family.We also send our hopes and prayers to you.

Ken
Martha
Lindsey
Katrina

boxy
10-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Mike, we were sorry to hear about the loss of your home, but over-joyed that everyone is safe and sound. Take care, our thoughts are with you and your family.
Steve, Louise, Hannah, and Alicia.

mphatc
10-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Mike,
You're all OK, for that we are all greatful. We all know this must be a very tough time for the whole family. Know that our hearts are with you in our thoughts.
Let us know what we can do! keep the faith, make something good from this and HANG IN THERE!

Mario L.
MPHATC

Dr. Dan
10-03-2003, 07:36 AM
wink Ladies & Gentlemen....As another weekend approaches....Imagine what it would be like to have your entire home still in total disarray? eek! For those of you offering "anything we can do" posts...as a matter of fact there is something you can do...Sit down this weekend and write a check out to the Millers!
Don't wait 'til you can afford more, you can always send more later on, no one will know how much you gave...and it doesn't matter! What matters is that a Key Member of our Donzi Family has some extenuating circumstances....while he was already starting a new business....and keep in mind...you are not going to get a phone call, you're just going to get occassional reminders like this! :p Please don't misunderstand me..I am not trying to be a pain in the Ass here, I am trying to keep us focused as a Donzi Family. So this weekend...take the time to hug your wife, your kids and maybe even your Donzi....and remember those in need...none of us are ever that far away from the edge...ever!

Stay Healthy and Have a Good Weekend...but Write A Check...or something!

:cool: Doc

terry
10-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Dr. Dan....Very well said!! Come on gang, this is one of OUR families that needs our help!!

As I said in this post..there are a lot of members posting phone numbers for mike to call if he needs anything. JUST DO IT!!!!
Ok off my soap box now.......

Hanker
10-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Mike,

Only met you once (Miami boat show), but all these people wouldn't be posting if you weren't special people. I'd like to add to the empathy.

I hope to meet you again soon, with a big smile on your face because everything turned out great. And with the friends you have it can't go any other way.

Rob Arone

Forrest
10-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Mike,

Sorry to hear about the fire, but I'm so glad the everyone got out. You guys are lucky to be alive. Best of luck with rebuilding.

MikeMiller
10-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Hey gang,

Just wanted to let everyone know of Angie's and my appreciation for all of your kind words and support!

You never cease to amaze me - except Allard (CDMA) that is.

UPDATE:
We are going to have to gut the house down to the studs and go from there. I spent the day today throwing out ALL of Angie's and my wardrobe!! It's amazing how many shoes women need!!

We are able to salvage all hardwood furniture and the TV and Nintendo - yah!

A very special thanks to the following people (I'm sure more will follow so if I miss you I am sorry):

Madpoodle and Heidi, Dr. Dan and Liz, Mark Horne, Jack Keefe & wife & Brandon, Ted and Kathy Mueche, Patricia Joannides (Ted's mom!!!), Ed and August Hodgkinson, Jim and Gina Collins, John Mitchell and Bea Gil, Manny Vergara and family, John Taylor and his FireFighters Union.

We thank you for your love and support!!

As John and Bea said - "You never have to rebuild memories." AMEN!

Until next time....

BabyDonzi
10-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey Mike,
There is nothing that I can say that hasen't already been said on this thread.

Check is in the mail.

hottub
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Never met you, but here we share a similar passion.

Life is funny, but very fair. The best thing about when the chips are down, is that things will soon change you will take your turn on the upswing.

Keep your head up!!

Dr. Dan
10-08-2003, 12:18 PM
:D Well Folks I want to also Thank So Many of the Donzi Registry Members for chipping in and contributing to the Mike and Angie Miller Fund!
Mike calls me on occassion and is blown away at the support...so that is way cool! wink

I don't want this to get lost in the maze of posts...so keep sending what and when you can...it is appreciated...more than you know! Again send the Monies directly to:

Mike & Angie Miller
336 31st Street West
Bradenton, Florida 34205

:cool: Thanks Again.... :p
Doc....
Shepherd of The Flocking Donzi People :D