PDA

View Full Version : AOTH BATBOAT

Bandit
09-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Well, as some of your remember at AOTH III, I finally outbid Roadtrip for a chance to drive a Reindl batboat.

I finally got my chance at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run this past Sept 6th. After I showed up Chris Reindl handed over his #12 - 24' for me to drive during the run. This was the same boat on the Powerboat cover brochure that I received at AOTH III. My throttle guy (ittelfly's dad) was relentless and this boat would handle anything at 80+.

I'm going to try to get a couple pics posted of us flying pass (literally) a Fountain during the run.

What an amazing ride and many thanks go out to Chris, Byron, Brandon and Larry for a fantastic day!

OH, I almost forgot...thanks Roadtrip for stop bidding :D

ITTLFLI
09-25-2003, 12:01 PM
I tried to post an awesome picture of you guys but obviously I am tech challanged!

roadtrip se
09-25-2003, 07:59 PM
LUV YA MAN!

Byron told me you had a great time.

That is what life is all about!

Todd

oldLenny
09-26-2003, 08:14 PM
ittlefly, email it to me, I will resize, enhance and post...cool...

highland@coastnet.com

Lenny

ITTLFLI
09-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys!! I have been out of pocket for a couple of days.

Man..that shot is awesome! I know dad and david had an absolute BLAST!!

If you ever get a chance to drive/ride in one of these things....DO IT!! It will CHANGE YOU!!

oldLenny
09-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the pics...they went to my work e-mail. I have no I-net access from there tho to repost here. They are great!!!

Lenny

boldts
09-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Wow! Great picture. The look on the guys faces in the fountain is to much! David, give us a play by play. What were you thinking at that momment? What an experience :D

Bandit
10-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks MadPoddle for posting the pics!

ScottB, it's something that is hard to explain in words when this boat gets up and walks across the water like the pic shows. I would have to classify it as being out-of-control and outrageous! We did this all day and I just lucked out that somebody was positioned in a good spot for some pics.

You rode with me before in the Cumberland Poker Run and remember how rough it was in my 30'. Well, we were out there in this 24' with 150 other boats and it either flew over the waves or crashed thru them with that missle nose. We had some pretty hard hits when coming back down and I did wonder a couple times if this thing would breakup. What an adventure an now I'm addicted for another shot in one.

As Byron stated, if you ever get a chance to get in one, take it!!! :D

Here's some pics of other boats in it this year
http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1861