PDA

View Full Version : coming back to life

Digger
09-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Been a difficult summer dealing with a mech, who while being extremely talented, has been agonizingly slow.

I've been away form the board for quite a while, focusing on other things: moving to Norfolk, building a house, new job, hurricanes, etc etc.

The boat is ready. each motor develops 450 hp @ 5000 rpm on the dyno, configured as the boat sees them. they are still relatively stock gen VI 502's, with some new guts. and SM manifolds.

I'm departing for NH tomorrow to pick her up, be back in Norfolk area with her on Monday, where she'll go to rack storage in Lynnhaven Inlet.

I'd like to thank the Winni bandits, CDMA, et al. for carting me around in their boats and helping keep me sane. Also many thanks to Bryan and Nancy Tuvell for bringing me along on many weekends and keeping me going. You guys are the best.

I'll post a pic or two after I get the boat. It will be good to be back-

Woodsy
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Digger...

Up for the Antique Boat races in Wolfeboro?

Woodsy

farmer tx
09-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Welcome back Digger! I, for one, have missed hearing from you.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Mark & PJ

Sean
09-25-2003, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear from you. Hope the boat runs great, your move went well and your house is shaping up as expected. Hope you don't dissappear from the board again. Enjoy your comments and stories. Hope all is going well with the new job. It sounds like you got some boating time in this summer.

I assume you're going to run your boat this weekend. Let us know how it performs. Take care.

CDMA
09-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Digger,

Congats! Glad it all worked out.

Chris

Man I can just piss everyone off...

Mustang Susie
09-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Digger...we miss you!! Try to hook up with the bandits this weekend. :)

Mustang

Digger
09-28-2003, 08:07 AM
update: ran the boat yesterday for about 3 hrs on Lake Winni. She ran like a raped ape! :D And man oh man does she sound good with the SM manifolds. eek! No issues. Big thank you to Woodsy for coming out and providing a chase boat just in case. I am headed south today. Going to take my time, stop somewhere tonight and finish up the pull into Norfolk tomorrow.

mphatc
09-28-2003, 08:23 AM
AHHH Sooo, that was you that circled around when I went across your wake . . . . Sorry I did'nt slow down enough for you to catch me . . . :D :D

We recognized the Donzi, but I didn't know you were "in the water" wink

Sounds like it runs well, certainly looks good!

Inspite of the fog and lack of sun the pond wasa fun yesterday! We ran from Wolfeboro into Alton and north around the islands at full throttle and never had to lift . . . .

Hope you had a great uneventful trip south!

MPHATC

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-28-2003, 06:47 PM
:)
Your turn to drive DIGGER, we are ready to ride in style!
CONGRATS.
Bryan

ToonaFish
09-28-2003, 07:17 PM
You have the patience of Job... now DON'T LET CHRIS RIDE ON HER!

How did brother Howe and his Scotty fare in the Regatta?

Bunches,

Celene 'my toenails are burgandy, Digger is posting on Donzi.net, and MadPoodle has sun poisoning - Winter must be on her way'

Sam
09-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Good to hear from you !

Sam

Digger
09-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Mario I thought that was you! You were running like there was only 5 min. left of happy hour! Glad you're running well.

Celene, bad news on that front. Mark did not run because of engine issues. Very frustrating for him. But she will get fixed and live to run another day!

Mark and Polly, thanks-- hope to see you again at an event somewhere!

Sam, I hope you were able to make the last big Lake StClair roundup!

Sean, how the heck is Des Moines? hope your ZX is treating you right! I don't travel to exotic Iowa anymore... different job with not as exciting travel now :)

Mustang and bandits sorry I crapped out on you last Saturday night. I needed to be "right" to tow the boat on Sunday. Hard to keep that trailer between the lines sometimes... Experience has taught me that when planning a night out with the bandits have nothing important to do the next day!

Bryan thanks! she's in a rack at Marina Shores as we speak. Right next to Greg's 38. The boys scraped some of her new boot stripe yesterday getting her off the trailer and on the forklift :mad: but not serious. They will fix it and were apologetic. I walked away, counted to ten then calmed down. Still, it kills me when I think that I just towed it all over hell and gone, inches from semi trailers and guardrails and all kinds of hazards without a scratch. Then they have it for 15 minutes and screw something up! btw I called your house yesterday when I got back, left a message w/ your daughter. I'll talk to you this week, have a favor to ask. I close on the house Friday!

Poodle how are the ramps at Palatka?

CDMA does she still float???

Sean
09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
You're not missing anything here in Des Moines. Made it to the Home Town Rally this year. You were right when you told us there are some great people to meet at these events. We had a blast. We spend most of our time boating at the Lake of the Ozarks as we purchased a vacation house on the lake. Hope to get to more events. Hopefully one at LOTO.

Glad the boat ran and sounded great. You'll be itching for spring. As for your scrape, at least they didn't drop your 33 wink .

harbormaster
09-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Digger buying a house?

I thought it was getting cold down here for a reason....

Digger
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
I hear ya Scot. But I had to do it. The renting bit just doesn't make sense. I used to think I was broke because of the boat... now between the house and the boat... Which reminds me of my financial maxim: If you spend it today you can't lose it in the stock market tomorrrow. :D

BigGrizzly
09-30-2003, 07:26 PM
Nice to have you back. Boat sounds great and fast too!! It sounde like a dream come true

mphatc
09-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Digger,

Glad to hear you made it w/o incident! Sorry to see you leave Winni!

I didn't miss Happy Hour, I can't believe how strong the old H&M 302 is. . .it just won't blow :D :p :confused: eek! :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

need to kill it . . makes it easier to explain the new engine to the wife!

We'll be at Nag's head this w/e if you want to take a cruise, we're at mile 19 wink

I quess that's a long c r u i s e !

MPHATC

Enjoy the warmer waters!