PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on 16' 1974 w/Outboard

Scott Pearson
08-25-2000, 07:22 AM
Does anyone know of this boat. Its a 16' 1974 Donzi classic. Its all orig. Sky blue int. and trim. Titled in 1976 with a 115hp Mercury. It says this boat was stored in a cave for the past 25 years and is completely show room condition. The asking price is $8900.00.

1.If it is as nice as it says what is it worth?

2.How rare is this boat?

3. Does anyone know of this boat?

Thanks (NJ) Scott

Hotboat
08-25-2000, 12:52 PM
Bet that is a jewel!!!!!!! How would you ever clean off all the bat doody?

------------------
Hotboat

Scott Pearson
08-25-2000, 01:22 PM
yea...I really dont understand that whole cave thing. But that is what it says in the ad. I waiting for a call back. I will let you know how it goes.

(NJ) Scott

BigGrizzly
08-25-2000, 06:44 PM
SCOTT, BACK IN THAT ERA A FRIEND OF MY SISTER, LIVED AT THE KINGS GRANT INN (HOME OF THE BENNY HANA GRANPRIX) HAD THIS PACKAGE. OUR 16 FT' HAD A H&M V8, AN THAT KID COULD RUN WITH ME UNTILL IT REALLY GOT ROUGH. NICE UNIT NOT THAT REAR. I THOUGH DONZI MADE A RUN OF THESE A FEW YEARS AGO.

Scott Pearson
08-26-2000, 11:49 AM
Spoke to the woman this morning. The boat is in FL. I have no Idea why they put it for sale in a local NJ paper. She said that she has been getting tons of calls...Wonder why? If you advertise the damn thing all over the country thats what you get. Any how, she said that she would send some pictures out and then I could submit a sealed bit...Yea right...Im sure I would make an offer on a boat just by the pictures. Things are not what the seem or what people say they are. Different standards. She also said that there was a few people flying in to have a look...I just dont get it...she made it sound like there was only one made...Dont think so.

So if anyone is in FL. and wants to take a look at this "Showroom Condition" Boat. Her phone number is...(941)343-9133. It would be interesting to see how nice this boat really is.

Donzigo
08-26-2000, 06:56 PM
Scot,

That area code is Bradenton, Florda, where the factory is. I live about 20 minutes from Bradenton often. If you are really interested in the boat, I'll find it and look at it for you.

Ii spent all day in my 25-Z Donzi on the ocean. It is always glorious. God does not delete from you time here on earth, the time you spend in your Donzi.

Richard

[This message has been edited by Donzigo (edited 08-26-2000).]

FASTEDDIE
08-26-2000, 07:05 PM
SCOTT,
I SPOKE TO THE SAME WOMAN TODAY. SHE TOLD ME TO GET MY BID IN AS FAST AS I COULD BECAUSE SOME SAUDI SHIEKS WHERE FLYING IN TO TAKE A LOOK. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CLUE THAT THIS SALE WAS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

------------------
FASTEDDIE

Scott Pearson
08-27-2000, 08:42 AM
Ed,
Are your serious? Sounds to me like this woman is a little full of herself...Or full of something else. (laughing).

(NJ) Scott

Scott Pearson
08-27-2000, 08:44 AM
Richard,
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to hold off on this one. The woman sounds a little NUTZ.

(NJ) Scott