PDA

View Full Version : 750 Holley

paul minx
08-24-2000, 06:36 PM
Before I ask the big question ,I have to let you people know that this is the greatest site a Donzi owner can have and you guys make it possible,lots of info and debates Thank you!!! Ok ,no more honey here it goes :I have a brand new Holley double pumper ,annular discharge etc ,etc that I purchased from Bill Mitchell in NYork ;I need to know what is needed to make it a Marine carb ,besides the j vents what else?Also I was looking at a Weiand Stealth manifold but I'am concerned w brass inserts .Do I really need a marine manifold? or I can use the regular manifold for at least 3 years? Help!

CDMA
08-24-2000, 09:37 PM
Where can you buy one already marine?

Chris

MattM
08-25-2000, 09:46 AM
As for using the auto aluminum manifold or getting a marine aluminum manifold the difference is the marine manifolds have a corrosion barrier in the water jacket. Your auto manifold will be fine in fresh water, if you go in salt water it won't last long at all. As an alternative to buying a new manifold I wonder if you can send your manifold out somewhere to be coated?

paul minx
08-25-2000, 05:43 PM
Thanks Scott #2 or is it #1(Madpoodle)I called Murrays and they told me I will have to purchase new throttle plate complete(vacuum passages and shafts are different).As far as the j vents, holley will not sale those parts! You know the rest,they want to sell those marine carbs.My engine has a performer manifold w a Qjet ,is that a normal option or it was installed by a former owner? Let me know of any update.Murrays opened a new store in kendall it may be closer to you .

RickR
08-25-2000, 07:44 PM
You can make your own J vents with some copper tubing.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

paul minx
08-25-2000, 09:26 PM
yep!!! 127av and Kendall drive by Home depot and behind furniture store.I can go walking in my pijamas if I want to.Dart heads 200cc runners,stroker 383 crank ,forged pistons and ooooooh maaan a new outdrive tooo!I didn't mean to press so hard .throttle plates are about 130$ and that is automotive counterpart.Is this worth it ?

paul minx
08-25-2000, 09:48 PM
Last note about run to Elliot,let us know if you are going ,email...so far 4 boats are going.

Gearhead99
08-26-2000, 07:56 AM
Yeah, Right .............

To be continued, I'm sure.

paul minx
08-26-2000, 05:37 PM
I hope you don't have to clean bathrooms on sunday or to paint toenails we have a good day ahead of us.