PDA

View Full Version : Gaffrig Guages questions

AGUESS
08-23-2000, 08:47 PM
OK, I have decided to go with Gaffrig for my 1966 classic 18. Questions.

1. They have a Digital GPS Speedometer that is multi-function. Speed, volt and Compas.

Have any of you used this? It is driven by a GPS unit, which I can either get from them, or use a hand held GPS to transfer the data.

I like the Garman 48 hand held, and understand it can be wired direct to the gaffrig guage.

The idea of using the hand held is that it gives me more marine data and back track, while the gaffrig gps only gives speed, volt and direction.

Is is true that I do not need to have a amp guage? Can anyone explain how the GPS records the amps that the alt is putting out?

Is this a good multi function guage?

2. Bezels - they come either flat, or 45 degree. They say the 45 degree allow the driver to see the guages better. Do any of you have these and how do you like them? I can't even see a picture, so I would be buying them blind.

Thank you for the help.

Alex.

CDMA
08-23-2000, 09:23 PM
I would go with the straight ones. I, personally think the 45 ones would look way out of place. I never have a problem at all seeing my flat gauges.

Chris

Looped
08-24-2000, 07:33 AM
Aguess,
Here is a site that shows most Gaffrig Products. The 45-degree bezels are more useful when the gauges are over in the center of the dash. This gives you a better view at them while you're 4' off the water!
www.livorsi.com (http://www.livorsi.com)

Looped

RickR
08-24-2000, 08:35 AM
The Garmin GPS 48 has a optional fixed mount that automatically
connects the optional power data cable when you push the unit in. It fits well on the right side of the helm.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Ranman
08-24-2000, 09:17 AM
AGUESS, Not sure about the amp gauge / GPS thing, but personally, I would not run an amp gauge at all. To me they seem dangerous with that heavy gage wire running from back to front. Personally, I think you are better off with a volt gauge.