PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Poker Run

Frank Civitano
08-23-2000, 05:30 AM
Anyone interested there will be a Long Island Poker run Sept 22-23. Geo all the details have been worked out go to
http://hometown.aol.com/NJPPC/index.html

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
08-23-2000, 06:49 AM
FrankC, I Faxed in my entry form this morning. Let's get some Long Islander's to enter!!! Or at least meet us at Patty McGee's on Saturday afternoon. GEOO

Kenn
08-23-2000, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a spectacular idea !

What is the layout of the poker run??
In LI sound or inside the forks???
Two day event?? Is that for party time or is the course a long run that will take one or 2 days??

Considering my non galvy trailer,
is the a place to launch in fresh water that leads to the area or
is there a facility closeby that can lift boat by rings and spash it??

Thankx,

Kenn http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Kenn (edited 08-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kenn (edited 08-23-2000).]

PaulO
08-23-2000, 09:58 AM
I have been trying to get some of the Long Island boys together for a casual meet. I am right in the middle of the poker run in Amity Harbor and would like to get something going. The run is a little much for an 18
(I know that won't stop Geoo)but, it may be a good occasion to get some guys together. I know I can count on Chris (CDMA) so, let's hear from you other Long Island guys.
PaulO

GEOO
08-23-2000, 10:16 AM
PaulO, The Poker run is run in the Bay or Ocean. How rough does the Bay Get?? I'm not sure if I can stay Saturday night, this may be a day trip for me. GEOO

Byron
08-23-2000, 10:35 AM
I have to come up your guys way for training in Parsipany, NJ September 25-29. I was thinking of going early to see NY, however i would rather see some Donzi's. If anyone could recommend a reasonable hotel for friday and saturday (September 22,23) that is some what close to the action that would be great. It would be cool to met all of you guys and see your boats.

Byron
supraski@iwon.com

PaulO
08-23-2000, 11:38 AM
Geoo,
The bay can get pretty rough at the wide points but suffers much more due to boat traffic. Depending on the weather, boat traffic may or may not be an issue. From the starting point at Patty McGees, you will need to either cross the mouth of the Jones inlet or go out the intlet to run the Ocean. You will go through the Fire Island inlet if you go the Ocean route and taverse one of the widest sections the Great South Bay. 25-27 footer would be able to maintain speed for most or all of that but an 18.....
I boat in these areas all the time and you can always make it through. The question is really whether or not you will be able to maintain any speed through the bad sections.

Byron,
I may be able to help with Hotel Accomodations. Where in NY do you need to be for business?
PaulO

Byron
08-23-2000, 12:11 PM
Paulo,
I have to be in Parsipany, NJ by sunday(24th) afternoon. Other than that i dont have any arrangements yet. I need to book my flight by the end of this week. I was hoping to fly in on thursday night with my girlfriend. She wants to see the Today show on friday morning then....whatever until sunday.

Thanks,
Byron

CDMA
08-23-2000, 12:39 PM
Paul,

It looks like I might actually be riding with Geoo. I do not want to take my boat out becaue I still do not have the faith in it I need to push it that hard. I still have to work out those steering issues. I am itching to go donzi playing this school work just ain't cutting it!!!

Chris

PaulO
08-23-2000, 01:11 PM
Chris,
Maybe you could bring your boat to my place for all to see but, ride with Geoo. BTW, you must be very brave!!
PaulO

CDMA
08-23-2000, 02:07 PM
That could be done. Brave,,,, I try. I have to admit to being an adrenalin junkie...oh well.

Chris

GEOO
08-23-2000, 02:15 PM
PaulO, What?? Brave??? It's not that BAD!! My boat is a stable ride!! I have an extra Lifeline Racing Jacket & Goggles for Chris. I may need to rig up a strap for Chris to hold on to??
Thanks for the Bay discription. I'll check my charts tonight. GEOO

CDMA
08-23-2000, 03:01 PM
I am so psyched

Frank Civitano
08-23-2000, 07:05 PM
We will be up Friday, Making arrangments with motel and marina. we will stay till Sunday. We are Trailering the 22 up . I dont trust the weather at that time of year. Geo will keep in touch with you and Chris and let you know were we are staying. Looking foward to meet everyone else.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
08-25-2000, 07:45 PM
Hey Frank, Let's have some fun on the Offshore site. I was thinking of posting, that I heard of a couple small Donzi entering the Poker Run and I wonder if the small Superboats will be able to keep up!! GEOO

PaulO
08-28-2000, 10:27 AM
Frank,
If you know where you are staying, perhaps you can let Byron know by posting here. I can suggest some Hotels but, If you have something close it may be better.
PaulO

Ralph Savarese
08-28-2000, 06:01 PM
Hey Paul dont forget vabout me i would love to come could you e mail me the details ?

MikeMiller
08-29-2000, 07:11 AM
Long Island Poker Run? How I wish I could be there! I grew up in Long Island a long time ago but still call it home!

I will be in the City on Sept. 28 for 4 days - if I had known of this Poker Run/Rendezvous I would have tried my best to change some plans and stay longer.

I sure hope everyone has a great time!!

Mike Miller

GEOO
08-29-2000, 08:00 AM
Poker Run Info: http://www.tgpnet.com/brd/bm5815/messages/2308.html GEOO

GEOO
08-29-2000, 08:11 AM
Paul O, And other Local's. Do you want to meet up Saturday morning. The Poker Run starts at noon and should only take 2 hours. So we should be back by 2:00-2:30. Then we can hang out after the run as well. I wonder if I will need to refuel? 75miles??GEOO

PaulO
08-29-2000, 08:39 AM
I will make whatever arrangements neccessary to meet both before and after the run. We just need to decide where. I am thinking that for convenience and fuel reasons, we can all meet up at Paddy McGees before the run and then perhaps at my house afterwards. My house will be on the return route anyway. We could cook some burgers, drink some beers, etc. then it is a nice 20 minute ride back to the Paddy McGee area. Ralph, we will expect you. Alex, where are you? Dave, I know you are temporarily boatless but, you can come along anyway. Chris, I think you should leave yor boat at my house the day before so you can ride back to Paddy McGees with us.
PaulO

CDMA
08-29-2000, 09:40 AM
Paul,

That sounds good. I will go home after classes on Friday and drag my boat to your house then drive to your house Saturday morning and ride with you in either your car or your boat depending how you go so my truck is at your house when we get back.

That is if I can walk after getting out of Geoo's boat

Chris

GEOO
08-29-2000, 12:15 PM
Chris, Come on!! It's not that bad!! I'll even let you & Paul try driving. GEOO

Frank Civitano
08-29-2000, 02:04 PM
Hi guys, We are here in Sebastion ( Where are all the performance boats) Cant wait to get home to my donzi. Talked to Gene D, Hopefully will see him before we go home Friday. Went to Sarasota yesterday to the plant. I love going there! Geo, Talk to you we get back. We dont know were we are staying yet, Thats in Daves hands(NJPPC). We will let you know when we get back on Friday.

------------------
Frank Civitano