PDA

View Full Version : New members with photos in the registry!

harbormaster
08-18-2000, 02:37 PM
Welcome the following newly registered folks with photos in the boat registry!

Bruce Helms 18 classic from Sterling,Virginia

Scott Elgas 22 with blackhawk drive from Cadillac MI..

Thanks for registering and taking the time for sending photos.

Forrest
08-18-2000, 02:59 PM
Scot, I'm NOT trying to be a pain in the-you know-what, but Bruce Helms 18 classic from Sterling, Virginia (http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=386) looks more like a nicely restored pre-1970 barrel back 18 2+3 with an OMC Cobra drive. It's listed as a 1989 with an Alpha drive and has a later model hull number. Picture mixup?

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 08-18-2000).]

rayjay
08-18-2000, 03:25 PM
So Bruce is the one that beat me to it! I spoke to the guy on 8/15 and he said "someone was coming over that night to see it and he was bringing money". Guess he did. The ad did not show the barrelback! rj

BERTRAM BOY
08-18-2000, 06:04 PM
Well,
I have to agree with Forest on this one. It looks an awfull lot like my '66 2+3.
Besides if it were an '89, wouldn't the steering be on the other side?
BERTRAM BOY

harbormaster
08-18-2000, 06:45 PM
Hey Forest and BBoy are you guys bored with nothing else to do?
You could at least say how cool looking it is.
At least HE sent in a photo of his boat!

And Maybe he thinks its new because it has a newer drive train.

Hey Bertram Boy why don't you spend some of your free time sending me a photos of your boat instead.

Nudge Nudge wink wink,,,,

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 08-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 08-18-2000).]

Blewbyu
08-18-2000, 11:52 PM
Just saw that boat in the Boattraderonline this afternoon-Nice lookin' rig!The pic in the trader was quartering shot from the port bow (left front), and it looked good enuf to be an '89 or later. It was listed as having a "5.7 litre OMC Cobra" in the ad-and the seller was in Newburg, Md.Good price. I was gonna call him for a friend within minutes-
then read this thread....
nickel short and half day late.
Also in Trader-an X-18 listed as "18' Donzi Classic".It's a Fort Lauderdale boat-baby blue/white-asking $12.5k.Does anyone know this boat?Owners name is Tom-does he know he has an X-18?
Regards-Jeff

Blewbyu
08-19-2000, 12:01 AM
Afterthought-This boat probably turns left real good....
But seriously (almost)..........
Don't Donzi owners change steering from one side to the other nearly as often as they change out original engines/outdrives?

Blewbyu
08-19-2000, 09:57 PM
You sly dog....thats the third boat i've missed this week.Was trying to snag one for a friend of mine-he got fed up and bought a local Formula F233.
BTW,where do you get the green guys???And I need to know where RickR gets the purple guys with the big, flappy eyeballs????Need more smilies.....
Was that X-18 as good lookin' as the pic looks and description sounds???Sounds like a beaut! Congrats! Let me know if you hear of a Hornet at the right price-my son needs one.
Regards-Jeff