PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice on my new donzi classic 22....

roadtrip
08-14-2000, 09:53 PM
Just sold my fountain 32. Too much work and investment. Had a 16 classic that I sold to a good friend who loves it. Drove to Virginia to buy a "25 hour" boat that looked like it had 1025 hours on it. Now, I am in the process of finalizing a deal on a new 2000 22 classic that I will be driving a pretty good distance for. Say what you might about Reggie, but his products have a high level of quality. I have scoured these messages looking for tips on what to inspect for as potential flaws on the new boats, like the deck patch for the new gas fill. Ilook forward to rejoining the Donzi fold and thanks in advance for the advice....

RickSE
08-15-2000, 12:16 PM
Take some time and go over the deck and hull, most have to be touched up after being pulled out of the molds. The biggest thing is that the dealer should prep and inspect the boat. They should inspect and verify that all the electronics and mechanicals work correctly. One big one is that the dealer should check the engine alignment and verify that it is correct. The dealer should also offer you on the water testing since this is where most problems will come out. Donzi is an excellent boat builder but people still make mistakes and you need to make sure everything is correct. Also, Donzi is very good about resolving warranty problems so don't worry if you have a problem and are far from your dealer.