PDA

View Full Version : 4xD=cool

Sam
04-21-2002, 08:42 AM
I had a chance to hook up with Jamie Root yesterday as we both wanted to put some time on our new upgrades. Both boats ran great, I picked up another mph and Jamie's was running very strong. But here is the kicker. What are the chances of four Donzi's at the ramp at the same time. Yep, two sixteens, a twnety two and a 28 ZX with twins, talk about domination. The 28 was was one of the best looking go fast boats I have ever seen. The graphics were a metalic beige with contrasting acsents. It was a very tastefull departsure from the loud bright colors usualy associated with a boat of this class.

In talking to the guy I found out he is not registered on this site but he heard about AOTH from a friend of his on Lk Cumberland. He said he is planing on bringing his 18 down for the fun.

Sam
Donzi Mainia, Catch It !

Sagbay32
04-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Sam,
where did you guys run yesterday? I was wishing I could splash it, but we had a houseful of 9 year old girls due to My Daughter's B-day.
Now we have flurries in the forecast eek! eek!

Sam
04-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Mike, we went to Wamplers Lk in the Irish Hills. I stoped by Doug Luvins house as well and took a peek at his yellow 18 with the Alpha SS, very sweet. How goes the search for a cruiser.

Sam

Rootsy
04-21-2002, 09:39 AM
Thanks for comin over this way Sam, it was good to be able to stretch the boats new legs... and yes that was just too cool.. what are the chances of showing up on a day when 2 other donzi's would be there too....

Sagbay32
04-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Sam,
Still trying to decide if I want to part with my 18. I was ok, until I fired her up on the earmuffs in my driveway and listened to the familar sound of the thru hulls.
I have not been out to look at any other boats this week. Too busy at work and family obligations. I know......decisions decisions decisions.

boldts
04-21-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey, Are you guys holding out and having unannounced gatherings up there? Sounds like the lake is a good sized one if they are running a 28ZX on it. I opted to take the 22 over to Monroe, MI when I picked her up and enjoyed running on Lake Erie a little bit. Beth and I got out on the lake Thursday as it was 90 degrees and even though we only were at the lake for a little over an hour, it was like old times. Lots of questions and stares at the launch ramp. One major difference that was a welcome surprise was according to the speedo, we were doing 61 @ 4000. Plan to GPS it next time, but man are we enjoying learning our 22. Take care and be safe. :)

Rootsy
04-21-2002, 10:49 PM
we sure can't go to AOTH untested and untuned now can we!!!! actually there was a new 22 there also besides the ZX... it was their first time out on the boat, pretty much a mirror to your new toy cept it was of the red flavor... i was in lust :D ... wamplers lake is probably.. ohhh a mile or two long and maybe a half mile wide.... first time on it in a looong time... it is pretty nice when it isn't crowded :) too bad i forgot the camera as Sam pointed out to me :mad: