PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Boat Show

Christopher Gentile
01-28-2001, 09:27 AM
We just hand our big boat show here in Toronto and Donzi was there with a nice collection of the Classic's. I sorry I can not remember the name of the gentleman from Donzi Marine but a very nice guy. I was talking to him about my sixteen, and he tells me that the wrap around bench is no longer being produced . Due to lack of demand. I think this is to bad for customers after they get there boat. The wrap around gives you much more passenger space.

Oh yeah and a boat in Canada with no trailer will set you back $36 grand Canadian this year.
There were lots of great boats to see but after walking around and coming back past the Donzi's again . All I can say is that I'm glad I have one.

Danny
01-28-2001, 04:27 PM
Chris
Do you know which Donzi dealer it was, Hot Knots or Gordon Bay or both or someone else?
Danny

Ross
01-28-2001, 07:28 PM
Danny, the brochure I picked-up has a Gordon Bay Marine business card attached.(Brian Burden)
Danny,I keep checking the registry for pics of your 16';looking forward to seeing you out on the Bay.

Christopher Gentile
01-28-2001, 08:05 PM
The Donzi dealer was there for Gordon Bay I believe. However Hotknots is still dealing with Donzi and has quite a few boats.

Danny
01-28-2001, 08:14 PM
Ross
Had to take Kate to a basketball tournament
in Parry Sound so we stopped at Gordon Bay to see what he had, no Donzis in the show room, probably because there were just returning from the boat show, but they had a real nice new 22 Cassic out front. I looked at it and noticed something strange, took a moment to realize what was wrong, the decals were on the wrong sides. Makes me wonder about the folks up there.
Danny

Andy knuth
01-29-2001, 07:26 PM
Hi guys Iwas also at the toronto show and the fellow I talked to was from hotknots. Danny maybe see you on the water this summer I boat off glouchester pool and boat to Yheritage marina often where afriend has aboat, if the locks aren't to busy.Keep an eye open for my boat,its in the registry and its pretty loud.

Danny
01-30-2001, 09:23 AM
Andy
Nice barrel back, I quite like the E drive and the hydraulic steering. There are a few Donzis in our area up here. I live in Midland but boat out of Penetanguishene and our cottage is just off the north east corner of Beausoleil Island. We are planning a trip up the locks tp Orillia this summer so we shold try to cross paths sometime. I know a few people that keep their boat at Wye Heritage now know as Doral Marine. There are a few boats that come out of Wye Heritage and anchor in Lost Bay beside our place. Do you come over for the Poker Run on the Aug 1st long weekend?
Danny

Andy knuth
01-30-2001, 02:39 PM
Danny it sounds like a plan but I,m having a baby in early, so don't know if I'll be allowed. But i'll be out there before that.I usually go to the docklunch for a burger afew times inthe summer.I checked my charts and found lostbay.I have'nt spent allot of time on the north side of beausoleil but the water looks pretty good.Ive ben told there's alot of donzi's out there but I've only ever seen acouple,must be my timing.