PDA

View Full Version : GEOOOOOO!

PaulO
08-14-2000, 05:12 PM
It sounds like there are some stories to tell and some performance data to give us! Tell us how it is running!
PaulO

GEOO
08-14-2000, 05:42 PM
PaulO, She's running better. There is alot going on, with very little time, when we're running with other large boats all around you. You have to look for big waves!! watch out for the marker POLES (Gene, they have telephone poles not rubber buoys!!), check oil temp & pressure, water temp. drive angle, tach ect.. After the run down to AC I needed a cold one.. I'm running a 25" pitch with 1.31 drive @ 6000rpm's speedo indicates 85-87mph. That's 21% slip. I need to try adding some cup or try a larger diameter. With all the boats around, the cross wakes made the boat chine walk alittle at maximum velocity. I would backed off the thottle to settle the boat, then back on the thottle.
On Sunday it was blowing, Frank and I were fine until we hit the open Bay 3-4 foot steep waves. I tryed to get on top of the waves but the dam seventh wave would send me flying so I backed off a took a 35-45 mph beating. Franks boat looked like a 50 footer next to mine. I slowed down once, opened my helmut visor to ask Frank a question, a wave crashed on the bow, filled my helmut up, down my jacket and then filled the cockpit.
Oh, I almost forgot, the wind; at 85 mph going into 20mph is 105mph, I couldn't keep my head straight. The wind would catch the helmut, start to lift it off my head and then flop my head side to side like Stevie Wonder.
I saw Franks head doing the same thing. We have it figured out!! next time we'll strap Bungy cords over the top of the Helmut's??? GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 08-14-2000).]

RickR
08-14-2000, 06:32 PM
Awesome!
How about a F-14 canopy for the X-18. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

CDMA
08-14-2000, 10:49 PM
Gene,

Thank you very much. This is about the exact thing I was looking to do. Not so fancy but stong, solid and reliable. I am a college student so a $2000 Gaffrig system is out of the question. A couple more questions. Which ration of the helm pump did you use and which ram. No rush at all but whenever you get a chance is it at all possible you could send me some pictures snail mail or e mail. Also where you able to retain the chrome Gig T bezel or similar?

Tanks again

Chris

CDMA
08-14-2000, 10:51 PM
Now please excuse that because that actually was supposed to be mailed to Gene S. Is it really that late?

Chris