PDA

View Full Version : Member Poll - Best Color Baseball Cap

harbormaster
01-26-2001, 10:23 AM
When I have caps made, what color woukld be the most popular?
White ot Black? I am leaning towards a black cap with Donzi in white text and red outline.

Scot

Looped
01-26-2001, 10:33 AM
Scot,
Blue denim maybe?

Keep up these great Goodie ideas!

Thanks,
Craig

EricG
01-26-2001, 10:48 AM
My Vote is Black....

White is nice, until you crawl into your engine compartment with it on.....

EG

boxy
01-26-2001, 12:03 PM
Tan or black.
Count me in.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

Len
01-26-2001, 12:16 PM
...this is great! I can see it now. My wife and I will have our Classic Donzi Registry shirts on, a couple of Donzi baseball caps on, gold Donzi medallions around our necks, a couple of videos in hand of the latest Charlie's Angels movie, leaning against our "DONZI PARKING ONLY" sign, Lion and Dolphins stickers all over the car, MP3's playing V-8 sounds on the stereo ...Man!!! ...we're livin' the good life!!!

...all that's missing is the boat http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif ...

black or any denim... times 3

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 01-26-2001).]

Donn Booth
01-26-2001, 12:19 PM
My vote is for a dark green in denim, old script. PLEASE Thanks for asking.

Scott Pearson
01-26-2001, 01:48 PM
Black is fine.

Hay Len....I bet you look like that guy that goes out in his garage in that Corvette Comm. that sits in the chair and makes all the motor noises.

(NJ)Scott

Forrest
01-26-2001, 01:59 PM
Grumble Green and Inca Gold! . . . but if you can't get that, I will take either black or white.

------------------
Forrest

Len
01-26-2001, 02:44 PM
Scott P. Haven't seen the ad, don't know what you could possibly be talking about, couldn't be more confused by the comparison.....

http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Oh, and yeah,... your right...

I have some paint questions coming your way. I'll be in touch.

Ralph Savarese
01-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Yellow and black trim

DonziDave
01-26-2001, 04:58 PM
Color selection would be nice. Consider the type of construction also. I have a really nice hat that I got from Donzi some years ago that is made from rip-stop nylon - light weight - dries in a couple of minutes (I fall out of the boat a lot). Another nice style is the 100% cotton with no liner in the crown. Those stiff hats with the liner just don't look cool! And above all - Donzi owners must be as cool as their rides!!

BERTRAM BOY
01-26-2001, 06:05 PM
How about red with a single white stripe down the middle!!!!
BERTRAM BOY

Varyak
01-26-2001, 06:24 PM
I second Bertram Boy's idea. Red, white stripe, and Donzi lettering.

anotherScott
01-26-2001, 06:28 PM
I'll take blue with a white stripe......Nah, any color will do as long as I can get six of them.......wife and four boys.

Scott

flametamer
01-26-2001, 06:43 PM
Count me in for a few: TEAL and WHITE would look great.

Jeff

Dr. Dan
01-26-2001, 06:50 PM
I Agree with Bertam,I really like the idea of the "Donzi" stripe, possibly the hat co. would entertain a a mix of the most popular DONZI base colors and stripes? You decide Scot,we all trust your better judgement,what a great idea. Count me in on at least 4,when you do decide. ...Doc

Gearhead99
01-26-2001, 08:31 PM
Red with white or Blue with white. They are the most popular colors I have seen through out the years. White is cool, but gets dirty in a hurry.

Count me in for a few too.

Peter Beck
01-26-2001, 08:35 PM
Just please get them!!!!!!

Tony
01-26-2001, 09:22 PM
I also like the idea of 100% cotton with no liner in the top, kind of a "low-profile" style. Yellow/black would be neat, but color is secondary to the shape for me.

Blewbyu
01-26-2001, 09:41 PM
I like the stripe idea a lot,most combos ok. Prefer only" two color" combo,and the lightweight ripstop nylon ROCKS!I've had a couple of those hats-and they last forever.Agree with Tony and DonziDave-construction very important.NO built up fronts,and get the bill long enough to shade the eyes.Hemingway style is a little too much bill('cept for the Right Coasters)in Floriduh........
Quality sweatband would be nice.

Bryan Tuvell
01-26-2001, 09:57 PM
My hats are "Z" ones but I will say the black ones get hot in the summer heat as the white ones reflect the heat, my choice has always been white.
Although I don't own a "classic" I would add one to my collection of great hats. I bet they will be awesome with any classic design, I thought the stripe post was a neat idea.
Bryan

harbormaster
01-26-2001, 10:12 PM
You guys are out of control.
I could do a stripe but I do not want to get stuck with a bunch of expensive hats. I am trying to keep yours and my costs down.
White would have a short lifetime before the wife would throw it away as a NASTY looking hat. You could crawl in the bilge with a black or dark blue hat and stilll be able to wear your hat at the City walk in Orlando.

Would people be interested in preordering?
I would then be able to have an idea on how many to get made. I still have a closet full of shirts.

I would consider a navy but thats it!
White or Black

Len
01-26-2001, 10:26 PM
Ok then, fine, black for me. BUT, it had better not clash with my DONZI nose ring, Z tattoo or "CLASSIC" undergarments...geeeshh!!! don't get so prissy! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/tongue.gif

BERTRAM BOY
01-26-2001, 10:40 PM
Okay now,
I was just kidding about the striped hat!!!!!!!
BERTRAM BOY

Bryan Tuvell
01-27-2001, 12:54 AM
I am up for pre ordering, I imagine most are! The stripe is an awesome idea for a clazzic (see how I slid those Z's in there?), the Z market is already cornered, go for it, they'll sell!
As far as white or black, I still vote white, I usually take my hat off before bilge diving, 20 years in the Navy has taught me that!!
By the way are women/wives allowed to touch a mans hat?
Hmmmmmm... tough call.
Bryan

BigGrizzly
01-27-2001, 07:54 AM
Guy's, Answer the QUESTION, White or Black.
If you want custom hats just go to a big mall or sports shop and have one made. I had a company in Florance Alabama make a bunch of Big Grizzly racing team hats, for a nominal fee, for our team and sponsors, along with shirts. If Scott is custom making hats than Frank, my son, and I want one with a supercharger on the top with two rear exit exhausts.
Scott if your having them done, use the Registry logo with red letters and a choice of black or white hat. The companies I deal with can make them by the 24 batches. however some sports shops do by 12 batches. This is embroidery not silk screen.
I would buy a couple of each of a Donzi Registry hat. I will not buy a pirated Donzi logo hat.

Randy

Frank Civitano
01-27-2001, 08:45 AM
I like Black

wintersux
01-27-2001, 08:48 AM
Due to the lack of "insulation" on top, I would like a light color. The rip stop material would be great. I would get a couple.

Wintersux in Illinois

Gearhead99
01-27-2001, 02:11 PM
Most baseball caps on City Walk are worn backwards. So it wouldn't make a difference.

Unless, you're backing up !!

Bryan Tuvell
01-27-2001, 02:22 PM
WHITE

MADPOODLE, your something else, you gave me a great chuckle, this is a great post/idea, it is also a good way to pass the winter time blues.
I support all posts and would buy 2 just to support this super effort (the love of ones Donzi)!
I only wear my "Z" ones outside! LOL I am sure you can understand why! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif
Bryan

Crazy Horse
01-27-2001, 03:26 PM
As a long time Stones fan (Mick & Keith not Frank & Barny) I say...
PAINT IT BLACK.

Varyak
01-27-2001, 03:53 PM
Scot,
I'll take at least two of WHATEVER you do. I think BigGrizzly has the right idea.
Mark

Blewbyu
01-27-2001, 06:48 PM
Someone called me wishywashy.Well.....maybe I am,and maybe I'm not!
1WHITE....
and 1BLACK
Please.Thanks,Jeff

Tom on Lanier
01-27-2001, 08:17 PM
I like Navy but, to answer the question directly - Black. The heat thing doesn't matter because, on "Tomahawk" all hats get blown off anyway! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

GEOO
01-28-2001, 12:58 PM
BLACK GEOO

wbateman
01-29-2001, 01:20 PM
Black and I'll take two! Better get some tethers for Tom so he doesn't lose to many!