PDA

View Full Version : 16`` Skysporter

Oliver
01-23-2001, 05:45 PM
Hi,people!
I`m a german boy ownering since 5 years an `71, 16" . I have in this boat an origin 69` Corvette-engine. I have ~360 Hp on 950 kg at 125 octane. Now i háve problems to find the right Prop. In the moment i have an 27-Cup Prop, and the boat is running ~130 km/h-- ok not so danger it looks like. But my engine is runnig over 6000 rpm with ignition 32° at 1200 rpm. Did everybody knows what for a kind of prop must i buy? 30/31/32/ STeigung (sorry for the german word,didnt know the engl. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif )Iron props in german costs about 1300 DM and if it dosnt fit, i have a problem.
Thx for Answer and in summer Time i have my machine build new up and i post some photos of an german Muscle Donzi. Fastest boat on River Rhein between Frankfurt an Rüdesheim!
Ps:And one of the littlest

Dr. Dan
01-23-2001, 07:04 PM
Oliver, welcome, I wish I could stop laughing long enough to type something that made sense? Who is this, no really? Could it be another high performance Bayliner thread?Hmmmmm? Good Luck, ...Doc

BigGrizzly
01-23-2001, 09:06 PM
Oliver tell us what drive and ratio you have, and maybe we can help.
Randy

Voodoocanoe
01-23-2001, 11:45 PM
schnel das booten mein

Forrest
01-24-2001, 08:12 AM
It sounds like we need to have a Donzi get together on the Rhine River. Wow, 125 octane! Iron props! I'm there!!!!

Anyway Oliver, once we figure out what exactly what you are trying to tell us, someone here just may have the answer. I will say though that 32-degree advance at 1200 RPM may be somewhat too soon. I would think that you would want 32-degrees at about 3000 RPM. I tell you what, please re-post your request in German and maybe we can get Donzi.net's resident German translator to read it for us.

Welcome!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 01-24-2001).]

GeneD
01-24-2001, 08:50 AM
Wow! Can you imagine flying down the River Rhine in your Donzi, nice blond german girl in the co-pilot's seat...a cooler full of some German brew...must be nice!
Oh, yeah, the 125 Octane! No wonder they pay $5/gallon for fuel. With that kind of fuel, you COULD run 32 degrees at 1200 RPM!!!!!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Oliver
01-24-2001, 03:51 PM
Hallo, Forrest and all other people---
vielen dank für deine antwort! es ist vieleicht wirklich einfacher, wenn ich hier in deutsch poste und ihr dies dann übersetzt-[very pleasure service and feature http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif)].
Es sieht so aus das ich bei euch zu einen ungewöhnlichen mitgliedern gehöre da ich der einzigste (weiss ja nicht) aus europa bin. im übrigen bin ich auch ein ziemlicher exot unter deutschen bootsfahrern . die akzeptanz in meinem land lässt zu wünschen übrig. You know Power, Dezibel, Carisma and The style and legend of Donzi or Don Aronow and his US 1,etc,etc.

Da ich hier also neu bin, muss ich mich hier auch erst mal ein wenig zurechtfinden. soviel zeit fürs internet habe ich nämlich manchmal nicht.
zu meiner person: ich bin 29 jahre alt und bin gelernter Kraftfahrzeug-Mechaniker bei Porsche, and thats my life.
Ok, thats for the first Time all.
Um mich zu erkennen werde ich neue posting mit "Germany" kenntlich machen. Is it ok?
Nice to meet your memberships -----

Cya!!!!!

Ps: I have a Blond German Girlfriend on my
Co-Seat !!! HAHAHA

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 01-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 01-24-2001).]

Oliver
01-24-2001, 04:07 PM
Hi Forrest, i replied in the official!

many thanks for the german translate opinion

Tom on Lanier
01-25-2001, 05:58 AM
Good Grief Olie, you seem to be doing an indicated 80 mph! I am assuming that your objective is to reduce your engine rpm to something you are more comfortable with. What rpm would you like your engine to turn at full throttle? With that information, we can give you an estimate on prop size but, as Big Grizzly said, if you can also tell us the gear ratio of your outdrive, a calculation can be made that should give you a more accurate prop size to meet your rpm objective.
I would listen to Forrest regarding engine tuning advice.
Sounds like the Rhine River is the water version of the Autobahn in Germany! Happy Donzi boating to you!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

RickR
01-25-2001, 06:45 AM
Oliver
My wife and I picked up a BMW in Munich and did some auto touring along the Rhine in the mid 80s. We saw a Black on Black Donzi docked in front of one of the 15th century castles. Had a BMW outdrive on it http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif. Who did she belong to before you got her?
80mph! GEE that must be the fastest 16 around. Did you measure with a GPS? What Corvette engine do you have? If you have the BMW drive how is it holding up to some good old Anerican Iron?

Have a couple of Dinkle Ackers for me http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
Cya!

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 01-25-2001).]

GeneD
01-25-2001, 08:03 AM
Here is a partial translation:

Hello, Forrest and all OTHER people -- thank you for your response! **time-out** it be much real simple, if I here in German poste and it this then translate [very pleasure service and feature) ]. It sees in such a way from which I with you to unusual members belongs I the only one (white not) from Europe is there in all other respects is I also more rather exot among German boat drivers. the acceptance in my country leaves to be desired. You know power, decibel, Carisma and The style and putting OF Donzi or Don Aronow and his US 1, etc., etc.. Since I am here thus new, I do not have to get along here also only times little as much time for Internet have I sometimes. to my person: I am 29 years old and am a learned auto mechanic with Porsche, and thats my life. Around me to detect I will mark new posting with " Germany "

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Looped
01-25-2001, 08:13 AM
GeneD,
What do you have translation software or sumpthin? It don’t work vedy good.

Craig

Oliver
01-25-2001, 06:48 PM
My Technical Facts posted i in the mail wich madpoodle wanted in his HOT DONZIS - Articel.
The same i did to scot@donzi.net. And he will get My pictures over the weekend for the archive. So maybe you can look on it end next week or so. Dont forget to look on them and say me if i am one of you

BigGrizzly
01-25-2001, 10:54 PM
Oliver, You ARE one of us. We are to have you with us.

Randy

PaulO
01-26-2001, 11:49 AM
Oh!! He is UNDOUBTEDLY one of us!!!

John Engel
02-10-2001, 02:24 PM
Oliver has a Corvette engine.
I just bought my uncle's Donzi 16.
It too has an original Corvette Engine, 350 cu. and 350 hp.
I have heard that the chrome Corvette valve covers indicate that this was for display at a Boat Show. Can anyone confirm? Is a 350 Corvette engine unusual? My uncle tells me it is original.

I too would like to know what the perfect prop combination and optimal RPM rate is for a 350 engine. I have a Volvo outdrive but am not sure which model, offhand.

je