PDA

View Full Version : LIVORSI GPS SPEEDOMETER

tm
01-23-2001, 11:53 AM
HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW LIVORSI GPS SPEEDOMETER WITH THE ANALOG DISPLAY THAT'S BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS. IS IT A DIRECT DROP IN FOR STANDARD SPEEDO ON A 95 16 CLASSIC. WHAT ABOUT THE ANTENNA ANY COMMENTS AS TO PLACEMENT OR MOUNTING. HOW DOES THIS THING PERFORM??? THANKS FOR INPUTS.

roadtrip
01-23-2001, 01:12 PM
I have not tried the speedo and it looks appealing as most Gaffrig stuff does, but the write ups that I have seen on the guage say that it requires a separate GPS feed to operate. Kind of defeats the point doesn't it? There are several great handheld GPS units out there. I really like my garmin GPS III. My wife reads off the numbers and I stay focused on the water. I wouldn't mess with installing the thing. Just an opinion. Todd

Bryan Tuvell
01-23-2001, 02:56 PM
Have to agree with roadtrip although the one mentioned sounds very nice, I will have to look it up. I just got their new catalog and must have missed it!
I bought a Garmin hand held for $129 bucks and the small swivel base ($14) and mounted it left of the steering wheel. Downside was the cig lighter adapter was like $25, so I need to get on before the new season starts, anyway, It works great for me!
Let us know if you try the speedo out and your thoughts/total expense.
Bryan