PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 sold on Ebay

raritan
01-21-2001, 09:47 PM
Anybody know anything about the boat that just sold on ebay?

Kong
01-22-2001, 08:33 PM
If you are referring to the red '67 I bought it in Dec. Love at first sight! Well taken care of although the deck may be a tad weak.

raritan
01-22-2001, 10:22 PM
This boat was in the Orlando area and just went off of the auction this past Sunday.

boxy
01-23-2001, 08:10 AM
Does it seem strange, in anEbay way, that the winning bidder placed his one and only bid less than a minute before the auction closed.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

pmreed
01-23-2001, 09:56 AM
boxy,

When I buy anything on E-Bay, I usually do the same thing; wait for the last minute and bid just enough...up to my limit.

I saw this boat in the Orlando Sentinel early last year. Thought about it a bit, but a 16 is a mite small for me, and it sounded like it needed a little more work than I was willing to put into it at the time. He was asking $6500.

Phil

boxy
01-23-2001, 10:41 AM
After a closer look, I would have to venture that this boat is now owned by a fairly regular board member. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Good luck, that's a nice purchase.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

raritan
01-23-2001, 12:31 PM
A regular board member.... Hmmmmm. (raritan scratchs head)..... could it be. I am going up into the cave to meditate on this matter. I will be back in 1 hour or less with an answer.

Len
01-23-2001, 12:51 PM
thomas@yellville.net, (raritan), is this a "first one" or are you collecting like many others?

roadtrip
01-23-2001, 12:57 PM
Hey Thomas,
Your secret is out. You can only lurk in the shadows of this board for so long and go unnoticed. Nice new ride! Took a look at it on ebay. Looks very lake worthy. Like maybe Cumberland lake worthy in May. Care to join Scotty Dabbs and I on our roadtrip? Arkansas is on the way! You are formally invited Donzi brother and welcome to the family. Congratulations again, Todd

[This message has been edited by roadtrip (edited 01-23-2001).]

raritan
01-23-2001, 01:02 PM
That is a definate possibility. Where is this lake???? Also if you are coming thru here you could camp for the nite if you wanted to. We have an interesting place. This used to belong to the founder of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils rock group John Dillon and was know for, hmmmm, interesting parties. Give me more into on the lake dealy
Tom

roadtrip
01-23-2001, 01:32 PM
Thomas,
www.geocities.com/boldts/ (http://www.geocities.com/boldts/) is the address for all of the information on the first annual "Awakening of the Horses" sponsored by the Midwest Donzi Club. So far I believe there are 18 Donzis enrolled from all over the country. Should be a great time meeting some of these folks. There is a lenghty thread on this page a few weeks back under the banner of "Annual Awakening of the Horses" that also gives many of the details.
Cumberland looks a lot like Quachita, but much larger. It is about two hours north of Nashville. About 8-9 hours from Little Rock. Scott and I could meet you in Little Rock around noon on 5/11 and convoy on over. Drop me an e-mail with your phone number and I will get you more info on the lake. Todd

GeneD
01-24-2001, 09:04 AM
Tom,
Does this mean you are coming to Orlando?
If so, when?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

raritan
01-24-2001, 09:11 AM
Gene,
We are supposed to leave Arkansas on Monday morning so I reckin (arky talk) that we will be there Tuesday nite. I am bringin the dog,
and 14 cousins plus one tent.
Tom