PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt Alpha-1

Dalelama
01-18-2001, 04:16 PM
Wasn't paying much attention to the outdrive fluid level, and guess what... time for a replacement.
Found a place here in Miami (the old Ski Hut down the street from Bob Hewes Boats) that will swap out the whole outdrive, and give a 1 year warantee, for $1500. I do the install.
What is the going rate elsewhere?

------------------
Dale Evans
Miami, FL
'87 Minx/320 EFI

Tim Howland
01-18-2001, 05:34 PM
Dalelama,

Gotta respond to a fellow '87 MINX owner. I paid $2,300 for a brand new lower unit on the alpha installed when I hit a piece of granite that was growing under Lake Winnipesaukee. So $1,500 for both upper and lower with some sort of warranty not bad. EFI, jealousey as I'm suffering with the Rochester quadrabog. Good luck.

All good,
Tim.

Looped
01-18-2001, 08:50 PM
Tim,
Are you sure it wasn't the Witches? Those pointy bastards will get you every time. Although, I’ve seen a couple of boats (with luck) make it threw.

Craig

Tim Howland
01-19-2001, 05:46 PM
Looped,

Just a little east of Melvin Village, by the ahhhhh,graveyard. Been there a thousand times, but forgot about the EPA project going on in Laconia when they drained the lake by a foot and a half the last week in August. Talk about navigational skills! The Witches,did make the Globe in September when a local guy parked the nose of his boat on one of them pointey things.

All good,
Tim.

Looped
01-19-2001, 09:03 PM
Tim,
I’m about 3/4 of a mile from the Graveyard on Little Bear Island. Well, my parents place that is. My parents brought me up there when I was 2 weeks old for the summer of 69 at their "new summer home" back then. Every summer I would be “stuck” on the Island until I was about 15. Now I wish I could be stuck up there all summer long taking bleeps over to Pier 19 for packy runs and occasional food.

Man it sucks getting old.

Craig

Tim Howland
01-20-2001, 06:14 AM
Craig,
Pony up to the bar now, gotta respond to Formula Jr. we are really not that old. It was 1967 when my dad ran me over to Camp Idlewild (Cow/Gurnsey)Island, and then launched the family Chris Craft on a rock ,(identical to the one used in ON GOLDEN POND), and Donzi fever stirred in my young heart with the sight of a yellow with black stripe 16, complete with chrome foot pedal for the throttle over at the then Gilford marina! Age is a state of mind. We are probably boring the livin snot our of our ocean going brothers! What a pristine area, this water in a high place.
All good,
Tim.

Looped
01-20-2001, 02:24 PM
Owen & Tim,
The "getting old" statement meant that having responsibilities really blows, and I wish that I could still be young enough to not have a care in the world. Believe me, I still feel and act like I'm 12. Why else would I use a name like "Looped" for a boat name that I thought of when I was about, well 12 years old.

How about that PVC Coring question I posted? Any ideas, Bueller?

Oh, and another thing, that "On Golden Pond" movie brought way too many boaters up to the Lakes Region. Wow, maybe I am old. Nah

Thanks,
Craig