PDA

View Full Version : Haste Makes Waste!!

MOP
06-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Well finally to a day of! over 90 with no day off, put my honey in the water about 8 AM. Having checked everything ten times over the past 4 weeks waiting for a time slot I was positive all was well. Launched her, fired it up waited for some temp then ventured out the creek grabed a handful of throttle sounded like it cavitated pretty bad so I backed it down looked at the wash looked Ok so off I went all seemed fine. Ran about 3 miles down bay and stopped to finish up morning coffee with my Sweetie, now was time for a work out. Dropped the hammer tickled the tabs just enough to get it flat, my Sweetie hollered God look at the rooster tail. Well I looked back it looked like a drag boat with no joke about an 8 foot high rooster, I had no trim on so I chopped the throttle. I knew something was screwy, raised the drive to find my rabbit ears on the port ram with one ear missing. Did no damage to prop or drive, just Shows To GO YOU even us old meticulous boat Mech's pull good weeines now and then.

ToonaFish
06-24-2002, 09:09 AM
wink

Thanks for making me feel slightly less an idiot for that little incident with the anchor.

Bunches,

Celene 'still an idiot, just a smaller one'