PDA

View Full Version : Aronow Movie

Looped
01-17-2001, 11:43 AM
Hey All,
Theirs some bizarre postings going on about the Don Aronow movie over here. Just clicky on the emblem:

http://www.donzi.net/images/donzispin.gif (http://www.offshoreonly.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000634.html)

Craig

RickR
01-17-2001, 01:23 PM
Looks like we have a computer wizard in our midst!
How did you do that?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Looped
01-17-2001, 02:19 PM
I really was not expecting the thing to spin, but I took two UBB commands and combined them.

1. I used the hyperlink command to get the Offshoreonly connection setup:
this will be the image ( http://www.offshoreonly.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000634.html )

2. I found a picture to use (this one was spinning, but I thought that it would be still in the link) and right clicked on the picture and then chose Properties at the bottom. Then you need to highlight the Address (URL) line (http://www.donzi.net/images/donzispin.gif ) then right click on the http line and choose copy. Now you need to paste this line into an image link, like so:
http://www.donzi.net/images/donzispin.gif

3. Now you need to combined them together like so:
[IMG] http://www.donzi.net/images/donzispin.gif[/IMG ] ( http://www.offshoreonly.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000634.html )

Don’t forget to take all spaces out of the link unlike I did to show you the breakdown.

Craig

GeneD
01-17-2001, 06:27 PM
You know...this has me seriously concerned. First off, who ever heard of any of these producers and why aren't they contributing to THIS board? They are only heard on that rag board OFFSHOREONLY.COM. And what a bunch of psychos.
I see one or two of our guys there, in disguise of course, as I would be too.
This whole movie thing has me really pissed off. First off, has any one of us been contacted about using our boats in the film? According to the "Rag" postings, filming starts in April.
I for one, would stand in line all day for tickets to the flick. (like the time I stole my dad's motorcycle and drove to the mall and waited for Ticketron to open up so that I could get Elton John tickets in 1972...wooo...memories)
We haven't heard a word from anyone about anything. But those guys at the "rag" are right on the beat. AND the producers are right there telling them all kinds of things, but us?
Nooooo!
What is the word guys?
Oh, and check out my post there. I hope I sounded intelligent and made my point without pissing anyone off. But I AM curious to see what they say.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 01-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 01-17-2001).]

GEOO
01-17-2001, 08:27 PM
GeneD, Thanks for setting them straight!!! I was just listening in the back ground! GEOO

Looped
01-17-2001, 08:46 PM
Wow Gene, I didn't mean to trigger you off this bad. The fact is, you told them the way it is. Way to go man!

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Thumbnail?u=1399308&a=10571596&p=38324032&Width=100&Height=100&Sequence=0
Craig

Dr. Dan
01-17-2001, 09:39 PM
GeneD, you definitely hit the nail on the head, on a lighter note, there are some great Donzi features in this months Powerboat. One on the movie as mentioned by the Offshore idiots and also a mean looking 38. Check'em out. ...Danny

Emmo
01-17-2001, 10:55 PM
Hey GeneD, I'm glad you didn't mention this board in your post!

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

Robert Geoghegan
01-17-2001, 11:36 PM
I've also read with interest all the garbage on Offshore only.com. However, I HAVE been contacted by Four Starz Productions in reference to using my boat in their movie. Producers from Four Starz Productions were also at the Orlando Donzi gathering last April.
When I read on the message board that the movie was shelved, I called up Four Starz Productions who assured me the movie is going as planned. They also asked where I had heard this, I told them "Offshore Only", within a short time they posted a rebutle.
I am certain that this is a legitimate company producing a legitimate film. It does appear that another company made some postings which may not have been so legitimate.
By the way, I have Don's 1969 US Champion 28' Magnum which I'm restoring. I'm looking foward as much as anyone to this movie!!!
Bob G

Forrest
01-18-2001, 08:11 AM
Gene, it looks like that your post over there may have encouraged some of those "contributors" to start thinking. I'm seeing a little back-pedaling on that thread now.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 01-18-2001).]

GeneD
01-18-2001, 08:15 AM
I read that last night and it put me in a bad mood right away.
Thanks for everyone's support. I can not wait to see what kind of brutality they gave me.
And yeah, there was no way I was going to mention the Donzi website. Can you imagine getting those wackos over here?
I just don't know how FrankC and GEOO can hang there. Though I would imagine since they do, there must be something or someone over there with some redeeming qualities since both of them are of high character.
Give me Donzi.net everytime.
I love you guys...anyone got a BudLite?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Frank Civitano
01-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Gene. I dont talk to the Jerks on Offshore only.com But when you want to talk to All the guys from the racing world, Thats were they hang out. Including most of your boating Industry. Including Reggie once and a while. The Florida Powerboat club. NJPPC and Billy Frenz are on Offshore only.com . Do what I do Ignore the Jerks. If you go in to the list of boats and woh owns what. You will be amazed at who is who..

------------------
Frank Civitano

Dr. Dan
01-18-2001, 08:34 PM
Here Here, I 2nd the Budlite,Lets all Toast GeneD! I'm glad I'm on your side!..Doc

Frank Civitano
01-18-2001, 08:40 PM
PS. Dont forget Forrest he is always there to.. And there are Some Jerks over there dont let them get to you.. Thats why I never said anything about the Donzi Movie on that site.. There all know it alls over there! I wait to see what Nick or Mike Miller have to say. Gene I am bringing my boat down the end of March for Orlando. My boat will also be in the Atlantic city boat show at the NJPPC booth at the end of Feb till March 4th.

------------------
Frank Civitano

boldts
01-18-2001, 09:14 PM
GeneD, Frank and others,
First, thanks Gene for the wonderful representation of Donzi owners. I check that web site out on occasion for the very reasons that Frank mentions. It also is a good source for those HP parts that many of us would like for our Donzi's. I have a friend who owns a 78 18' Classic and attended school with Michael Aronow. His father owned a company and had big dollars. My friend and his brother grew up with a Donzi on the canals of Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately, he and I have gone are separate ways due to a disagreement. I only mention this because he taught me and showed me everything I know about boat racing. Because of him, I got closer to boat racers than I ever could have before meeting him.

I guess, I should swallow my pride and try to contact him again. Because of the dollars he grew up with and is still receiving due to a family trust, he also has a attitude all though not the gold necklace, I'm better than you attitude often found in the Offshore world. Long story short, there will always be jerks in the world. You will never be able to please all the people all the time! I personally love "Days of Thunder" and would also go to see a movie about Don Aronow even though I never met the man. If I remember right, I believe there was a made for television movie about the life of Don Aronow. (Maybe it was just a "Miami Vice" episode.) I can't remember. Man, I loved that show also. If I didn't own a Donzi, maybe not... You guys on donzi.net have taught me more about my Donzi then I could ever acquire even from the now builders of the boats. I am looking forward to meeting as many of my new found friends who own a Donzi boat at Lake Cumberland as can attend the gathering. I don't have the income that many of you enjoy, but a friend gives of themselves not necessarily from there wallet and if I can ever do anything within my means for any of you, I will. Even if it's just a place to stay while passing through Columbus, OH.

Scott Boldt

BigGrizzly
01-18-2001, 09:35 PM
Gene, you said what you felt. You and Robbert got speedracer involved and set the rechord straigh. I too feel similar pain when things like that are said. The guys that set you off are little men with made up stories, just trying to be accepted in the real world. I call them wantabees, My son calls them assholes, and my mom calls these types useless. I was't going to respond to this post but I wanted to show you my support

Randy

GeneD
01-19-2001, 08:56 AM
Gee guys, I'm getting misty!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

GeneD
01-19-2001, 09:43 AM
FrankC,
Yeah, I know...I did a profile search on some of those guys. I can see who is who. And it is impressive.
Just can't stand the holier than thou attitude.
I group Forrest in with the rest of the Donzi Dudes. Magnum or no!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 01-19-2001).]

Forrest
01-19-2001, 10:20 AM
Thanks Gene!

I go over to Offshoreonly.com and look around only when I have absolutly nothing else to do. There is just so much crap you have to wade through to find someting of interest, it's just not worth the time. Yea, I posted a couple of times, but for the most part those guys are in there own little world and they don't give a darn about anything that's not their big 'ol fast lake boat. Come to think of it, I would bet that most of these guys have never seen the ocean, much less put their boat in salt water and run hard and fast over big waves.

Ya know, I'm still wondering why they named the site OffshoreOnly.com. Maybe a better name for that website would be, MineIsBiggerFasterHarderThanYours.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com)!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 01-19-2001).]

BigGrizzly
01-19-2001, 05:51 PM
Hey Forrest I got one of them 'ol fast lake boats.Does this I can post on Offshore(I wish)only.s***. Can I please can I please Please Please!

Randy

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 01-19-2001).]

GEOO
01-19-2001, 08:43 PM
GeneD,
Yeah, That site has some undesirables. I check it out after I'm done reading thru this site. I think my biggest interest is finding fun places to run, and to keep the Nostalgia Alive. GEOO

Dr. Dan
01-20-2001, 08:37 AM
Big Grizzly I agree with you, when I lived in Texas they had an expression that I think sums up those BIG EGO types,"Big Hat,no Cattle!" ...Doc

Forrest
01-20-2001, 09:29 AM
Owen, I do admit that Offshoreoly.com is 1000% better now that they are using UBB which requires you to register before posting, and there is from time to time some usefull info posted; however, some of the threads over there, at least in the recent past, are just down right . . . well, for example, I just really don't care if this guy's wife or girlfriend has fake tits or not (that was a popular thread over there for while a couple of months back). Their tech section is for the most part is good though, but DONZI.net is MUCH better overall. Since my online time is limited, I choose to spend a good portion of it here.

------------------
Forrest

GeneD
01-21-2001, 07:30 AM
Has anyone been over to offshore.com to see if I got bashed?
I am not confident of my ability to remain calm in the face of controversy (yeah...right!) and never checked.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Frank Civitano
01-21-2001, 07:43 AM
Hey Gene. That thread is quiet now , I think you but them boys in there place!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
01-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Little ole me????
Wow! Didn't know I was so persuasive!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

BigGrizzly
01-21-2001, 08:36 AM
GeneD, your not that persuasive, you were just correct. Also the film maker didn't hurt either.

Randy