PDA

View Full Version : 1995 18 dash panel wiring....

harbormaster
06-23-2002, 04:16 PM
Does anyone with a later 18 know anything about how they run the ground behin the dash panel?
I am trying to familiarize myself with the wiring while troubleshooting the horn, and I can't find where the grounds are.....
I am under the dash of the 18 trouble shooting the horn. Does

I went to Uhaul and had the truck wired for the trailer and when I got back I hooked it up to the boat to test it. They don't work correctly. the left tail light is not responding...
Kim says that they were working when the boat was delivered. I will get to that as soon as I can..

Rootsy
06-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Scot,

the ground wires should be the black wires... i have the wiring diagram for the gauges and accessories in my owners manual if you would like a copy. i have the 16, the 18 and the 22 wiring diagrams. on my 16 the wire loom from the engine has a ground that jumps from gauge to gauge, otherwise i have the main power and ground coming into the fuse block under the dash and then it distributes to the different accessories.

Jamie

forget that fax crap....

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jaroot001.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jaroot002.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jaroot003.jpg

harbormaster
06-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Wow Jamie,
Thanks alot.

Rootsy
06-23-2002, 07:18 PM
you're welcome sir... just remember.. sparks are bad :D

my horn has issues.. sometimes it'll honk sometimes not.. and when it doesn't it blows the fuse... some day i'll fix it til then everyone can use my exhaust as warning that i am coming...

and while you are playing sparky i have a good one for ya.. ever since AOTH... sometimes my speakers will not work.. radio or cd player is on and playing but nooo sound... i honk the horn and whala.. all fixed... see told ya my horn has issues... i think it is jealous and being like a woman... :rolleyes:

harbormaster
06-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a bad connection near the batery. On some cars that won't start, you can honk the horn and they will start afterwards. That usually points to a bad wire at the starter or battery...

Sagbay32
06-23-2002, 08:22 PM
Scot,
does your boat have a horn? If so where is the horn itself located. I could not find the horn, just the button. My horn button does nothing when pushed. I posted on this and was told that many boats did not have horns and the factory just left the button on the dash during production.

harbormaster
06-23-2002, 09:24 PM
The horn "was" bolted to the underside of the foredeck just in front of the dash panel.

Sagbay32
06-23-2002, 10:40 PM
Maybe I will have to have one of my little "Bilge Rats" crawl under there and follow the wires. I too may have a horn.

tamburello
06-24-2002, 11:29 AM
My '94 18 classic has the same horn issue. A button but seemingly no horn attached. It hasn't worked since new so I figured that there was no horn installed. Time to snake my way up there to find out the truth. I hope I don't get stuck this time.

Wazzy
08-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Was wondering if anyone had the wire-diagram or owners manual for a 1990 22' classic. It would be a handy thing to have thanks. E mail is jwassmann@yahoo.com