PDA

View Full Version : Hornet II opinions

WOT-sup
06-23-2002, 12:32 PM
What's the consensus on the Hornet II? What's the difference from the Hornet? Obviously they are beautiful, what do you owners (and others) think about 'em? How far up the totem pole do these boats sit in terms of resto project desirability? What kind of price range do they do they bring in the rough? or as ready to go? Any comments in general on the Hornet II???

A long shot is better than no shot,

Brad

RH
06-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Being a Hornet owner, I think that they are quite desirable, (at least for me!) The Hornet II is a little longer at 20' 3" versus the Hornet at 19'
21/2". They added as padded sun deck over the engine cover on the Hornet II and the seat backs on the front seat have storage pockets and grab rails. The Hornet 19' has the same interior deck design as the 18 2 plus 3 in reference to the fiberglass gunnels. The Hornet II has an upholstered gunnel design and padded dash. I love the higher freeboard design of the Hornets as they are great in rough water like all Donzi's. As for value, I would imagine that they are somewhat rare due to the lower production numbers. As for a number, anyone's guess. I would imagine that the single seat/bench seat Hornet would be the most desirable due to the rarity. I may be all wet, but this would be my own opinion.
RH

RH
06-23-2002, 04:06 PM
One more thing, it's a Donzi, and they sure garner alot of attention. I just pulled in from the lake this afternoon, and we got all sorts of attention during our marathon provision hop of yesterday. Every dock, we seemed to be greeted by someone who wanted to look the boat over. It may have somehting to do with every other boat being a Baja, Sea Ray or Crownline in our area. Not that they are bad boats by any means, but they all look alike in some way or another. Hot weather, and sunshine made for a great day on the water! Brad, I would definetly go for it if you can buy it right!
RH