PDA

View Full Version : Hull ID Location 21GT???

Rick
04-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know where the hull ID number would be on my 21GT 70' model, maybe early so maybe 69 location? All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Rick

Danny
04-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Rick
My 73 has a HIN in the usual spot on the transom and it had 21GT73 right in the # so that doesn't help you much.
I just reread the survey on my friend's 1970 21GT http://www.donzi.net/hull/C21-42/leeming.jpg (it was advertized as a 1980) and there was no traditional HIN. The survey states "The hull # found on a plate at the dash area was traced through the Donzi factory records with the vessel reported to have completed construction on May 12 1970. Factory records indicate that hull # C21-32 was originally light blue......".
This may help a bit and I will try to get more specifics on the exact location in the next few days.
Danny

Jamesbon
04-10-2002, 09:15 PM
The HIN on my 71 GT 21 was stamped on an aluminum plate which was riveted to the inside port stringer just in front of the engine. My #'s certainly don't appear to be standard either- "GT210021."

Rick
04-11-2002, 08:37 AM
Thanks we are looking. James hows the 21?
Thanks, Rick

Jamesbon
04-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Rick,
It was coming along great, that is until my glass guy suffered a broken ankle. I assume we'll get back under way in a few more weeks. Arneson's shipping the extension box, helm, and 1 piece rear motor mount. Should be here next week.

I gotta get down to the warehouse, take the deck off and flip the hull upside down so we can finish the bottom.

Still have to buy exhaust, flame arrestor, serpentine belt tensioner, trans. cooler, tachometer, and a few other things.

Anyone know of a good chrome plater near St. Pete or Sarasota?

Rick
04-15-2002, 08:09 AM
Nathan, found my hull number C-21-16 in the center instrument console next to the fuse panel. The bottom is painted, sides painted, waiting for a good day to paint the topside. I do have the hull flipped back over and back on the trailer. New aluminum tanks going in. Will have a 108 gallon capacity. Blocks are honed, waiting for the heads to come back from the machine shop. Flat top roller 351W's. Still original motors and outdrives. Not so much a hotrod as a restoration... Looking forward to getting the motors on the dyno. Hope your guy gets healed. Take care Rick