PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back GeneD

pmreed
04-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Good to see you back Gene; sorry, I didn't know you were racing at St. Cloud. I didn't attend the awards ceremonies as I was out in the lake in Mark Albers' 22' Classic. He had to drive back to Sarasota, so we went back to the ramp at the fish camp about 4 PM.

I assume you'll be driving (or throttling) at Daytona in a couple of weeks. Since you're not competing against the 38ZRs, we can all root for you!! I'll look for you in the dry pits if not before. Please keep us up to date on your racing effort.

Phil

RickSE
04-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Who's GeneD? :p :p

Welcome back Gene.

Forrest
04-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Ohhh RickS, I'm goin' to pretend like I didn't hear that! :D :D

For those who don't know,GeneD (http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=89) is one of the first to post on the Donzi Registry (http://www.donzi.net/discussion/disc040497-083197.html) and the first to hit 1000 posts, posting almost continuously day-in and day-out until about . . . well, I don't know . . . six months or so ago. Then he got a job repo-ing cars, boats, RVs, 18-wheelers, construction equipment, and the like in Central Florida, and now we don't hear from much any more. I did talk to him on the phone recently and he's doing fine. He was crewing for Dr. Santiago's Zero Cavity race team and since the good Doc quit racing (for now), Gene did say he was going to try to hook-up with someone else and try to get into the cockpit. Anyway, it was always fun to read GeneD's posts and even more fun to have him at an organized, or even a disorganized Donzi event! Ask anyone who's been there!!!

Congrats to you, GeneD, for picking up the ride that you always wanted! :cool:

PS. It's fun to look back at those very old posts from the old board (http://www.donzi.net/discussion/disc040497-083197.html). Back then there would be about one post every four or five days! You will recognize a number of names including the person who made the second post ever to hit this board. See how many names you can spot that are still here! :) Thanks Scot for keeping all that old stuff from Jim's original Classic Donzi Registry website.

RickSE
04-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Forrest, I'm sure you know I was just kidding. In fact I was sitting here the other day wondering what happened to some of the old timers, mainly GeneD and as someone stated the other day "where's Emmo?".

Gene always had a good adventure going on. Seems there was always something going on with the Vette, trashy neighbors or the 18. Some stories may have even involved all three.

Forrest
04-12-2002, 09:12 AM
Sorry RickR, I should have surrounded that first line in that reply with more " :D :D "!

Oh yea, you've been here from darn near the beginning and you know all the old timers here. But since GeneD's been gone for so long, I figured many of the other folks that haven't been here very long wouldn't know who in heck we were talking about. Those were some great stories. All believable, since I've ridden with him a few times, and I might add, every time was an adventure! You have to remember that riding with GeneD there are only two speeds - idle and WFO!!

It seemed like he had at least one or more good stories a week, but I think that in some of those cases, GeneD may have not thought they were so great - at least at the time. :p

GeneD
04-13-2002, 05:01 PM
I haven't laughed so hard in months. It's nice to be remembered in such a way.
I enjoy telling my stories, though some people aren't as willing story listeners as the Donzi people.
Got some more. I'm going to type them all up on my laptop and post them soon. I have quite a few race stories that you all will love. The time I had to sleep in the race boat overnight after the Awards Banquet sticks in my mind...since I puked in the parking lot the next morning. I swear to Don I was not hungover! :rolleyes:
For those who are interested, I am writing a novel. And if I might say so myself, it is a really good story. Maybe there are some publishers out there in our Donzi audience. I am about half-way through. It doesn't involve a Donzi, but it does involve a Cigarette.
Forrest mentioned he talked to me on the phone. Well, that was when I was a Recovery Agent for Family Auto Mart here in Orlando. I have since quit due to a Bi-Polar boss. The bi-polar thing is not my diagnosis, but one from my lawyer. The man is really a psycho, and you would agree if you heard some of the things he told me. For instance...
"I'm trying to figure out if a bullet in your head would be worth it or not..."
"I should really cave your head in with this golf club, or better yet, beat the **** out of you with that bat over there in the corner..."
All because I raced in the St. Cloud race and was too tired to go out repo-ing at midnight. He threatened to fine me $250 for each repo we missed because...
"You are F...ing with my money Gene!"
I could have taken all that with no problem, but when he told me that he wouldn't give me any time off to go to the races, well, I have had enough.
So here I am, an unemployed Engineer/Recovery Agent with no money.
But hey...I got a ride with Team Warlock, things aren't too bad huh?
And I know that my old boss will be reading this...
Thanks Gerry for the opportunity. I hope I made Zero Cavity a first class team. I know you made me feel as if I was part of a top notch team, and of course I was...National Points Leader? Gold Cup? National Championship?
It was great, and the 2001 season is something that will remain in my memory as one of the greatest summers of my life.
Gracias mi amigo!

Bandit
04-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Welcome back Gene D. and good luck with the job search.

Hop on up to KY around May 11th and fill us in on some of your stories!

GeneD
04-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Hmm, that don't sound too bad. I don't race until the following weekend. But I may have to work on the race boat. Got no crew just yet.
Forrest, you got room in that van?