PDA

View Full Version : Ford & Yamaha

Tom on Lanier
01-14-2001, 06:40 PM
GEOO's post on the new 5.4L Ford reminded me of a pretty credible story I heard last week from inside the industry. New Ford engine to be mated to the stern drive unit Yamaha came out with a few years ago. Package to be sold by Yamaha. Guess they plan to take another run at Mercruiser's dominance of the stern drive market. Also heard that Toyota might get involved in this deal somehow, although I don't know how. Toyota does own about 5% of Yamaha though.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Stromer
01-15-2001, 04:51 PM
Tom,
Things are really getting interesting in this industry!!! Big names coming in and big names goin' out!

Emmo
01-15-2001, 11:04 PM
Interesting twists- Yamaha built Ford's Taurus SHO V6, or at least the heads and injector manifold. Yamaha bought Toyota's boat line. Ford/Yamaha stern drive? Cool! Is the Vortech supercharger ok for marine use?

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

Blewbyu
01-16-2001, 08:20 PM
Maaaaan,things could get real interesting in the next few years.........32 valvers getting common,V-10's,HyPo twin turbo V-6's,Supercharged everythings.What we need now is a lightweight hi-speed diesel that sounds like a SBC!Anybody seen a Northstar in a boat yet?These aren't your Grampas '80's anymore..........