PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Friends

boldts
01-14-2001, 03:49 AM
Are any of you Ohio or Southern Michigan Donzi Owners going to the Cleveland Boat Show? I am planning on going up on Jan. 20th. The show is running from Jan. 19th to the 28th. I don't know if a Donzi dealer will be there. I need to look up the zip codes in the Cleveland area and enter them at the donzimarine.com web site. Not sure why you don't get an option to enter a city, but anyway. I'll see what I can find. Maybe some of you Northern OH guys can help here. Sure would be nice to meet you all if we can get together at the show.

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
01-14-2001, 07:59 PM
Scott last year I went to this show and the only dealer was the one from Toledo. I am looking to go to the Detroit show in February. I have never been to this one and have heard it is a good one. Besides I believe I have Red Wings tickets for the same weekend. Boats and Hockey it can’t get any better.

boldts
01-14-2001, 08:17 PM
No problem Peter. I went to the Detroit show once, but it has been 5 or 6 years ago. I don't want to say anything nonproductive since it has been a few years, but I didn't see anything in Detroit that wasn't in Cleveland. It adds a few more hours to my drive so I will try Cleveland again this year. I would like to drop off a few Cumberland fliers if possible. What a coincidence, I have Red Wing tickets on April 2nd here in Columbus against our Blue Jackets. Should be a great game. Would be a pretty big upset should Columbus win. I know, you guys who have read my Orlando comments are saying: "Sell the tickets and get down here!" I'm hoping I don't have to. Already sold my Pittsburgh Penguin tickets. The next day, Mario announced he was coming back to play for the team. I'm still beating myself up over that one. Oh Well, life goes on.

Scott

boxy
01-15-2001, 07:28 AM
Hey Boldts, are they still running those " Ron Tugnutt for President" ads in Columbus ?

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

boldts
01-15-2001, 07:50 PM
boxy,
No haven't seen that one since they finally made a decision on the count in FL. The town is really behind their goalie though. He got hit pretty hard on Fri. night in the third against Chicago.

Scott

Peter Beck
01-16-2001, 06:11 AM
Scott I see your are a Blue Jackets fan! That is who the wings will be playing in February when my wife and I go. Columbus has done very well for an expansion team.

boxy
01-16-2001, 08:07 AM
Scott, when Tugger was here, he was a great goalie, and a better citizen. Columbus is lucky to have him. He and his wife did great things for charities here in Ottawa.
He was run, again, last night, but his defenceman stepped up and took care of business after.
Sorry for the hockey talk guys, but the Raiders squashed the Fish, now there out, and the Super Bowl is still 2 weeks away.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

boldts
01-16-2001, 08:07 PM
boxy,
Thanks for the info on the tugger. I've only heard good things about him and the Columbus fans worship him. Our coach came from the FL Panthers and he took them to the play-offs. Who knows, a couple years maybe Nationwide Arena will host a play-off game or two.

Peter,
I know it's a drive for you, but I get my tickets through Nationwide Insurance where I work in the corporate office. I only have the Detroit game left from a 6 game package that I bought. My wife wants to do it again next year. I'd like to get together and do a game with you next winter if possible.

I enjoy the game and the action, but enough with Hockey, were 115 days from our Spring "Awakening of the Horses" and I can't wait.

Peter Beck
01-19-2001, 08:42 PM
That could be possible. I know my wife would enjoy it. I have a good friend that is just retiring from Nationwide in Columbus area(office). I know it is big place you probably would not know him.

boldts
01-19-2001, 10:36 PM
Peter,
Your right about Nationwide being a large employee base. I work in the Columbus Office Data Center. So I don't get a lot of contact with other employees of the company. Heck, it seems like I have a new manager every other week and I'll tell ya, the company who has the moving contract for Nationwide, is making major dollars. My office is being moved soon to make room for the Data Center expansion. It is nice however to have the arena right out our back door. My seats are not right on the ice, but they are at the same height as the company sweets seats. Best part of the package is that Nationwide employees did not have to buy the seat license and the game tickets. I've enjoyed the games I have seen so far even though the wins are not really a regular thing.

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
01-21-2001, 01:59 PM
You can be very proud of the Blue Jackets they are a fine new team they will become very strong very quick. Columbus has been blessed with the two new arenas (Value City). Any thing must be better than the old Cow Palace!!!

boldts
01-21-2001, 04:50 PM
Peter,
You are correct about the Fairgrounds Arena. The biggest difference is in the size and amount of people who can now enjoy many more special shows and sporting events. They built a new larger building on the Fairgrounds property for concerts and special shows. I think the Quarter Horse Congress was the main factor in getting it built. I've seen a number of cool events at the old Colosseum. They held a jet ski racing event in there once. Best thing I had ever seen indoors. It was a one time deal though. They also hold 1/4 midget sprint car races in there also. Fun to watch the up and coming racers compete. Newer and bigger is just nicer for the fans watching the events.

Scott Boldt

boxy
01-22-2001, 08:38 AM
Scott, don't worry about wins not being a regular thing. In the Sens first season they had 10 wins in an 84 game season. We sat through an awful lot of really bad hockey to get to where the team is now, but the management built upon the strength of their draft picks, not free agents (like Tampa Bay did) and now they are one of the top teams in the league. Hang tough, and enjoy the best professional sport there is.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario