PDA

View Full Version : Bummed...

CnV & Family
04-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I've searched quite a bit... and goodness knows I found more info about waxing a boat than anyone needs to know :D :rolleyes: :D

Moving on to speed... It seems that getting all excited over a 'solid' 55MPH holds no water unless verified by a GPS. So until I manage to get a GPS reading I'll refrain from posting exciting speeds. I didn't realize an approx 56 MPH could very well be only about a 46MPH. Talking about a busted bubble... Well, at least it feels like it's 56! :D

RedDog
04-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Don't be "bummed" yet. You could actually be going faster than your speedo indicates. The speedo on my 18 tracks VERY close to GPS readings.

Tidbart
04-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Yeh, don't be bummed about the speed. I don't have a GPS either, so the only way I could verify the speed of my boat was to have a friend come along. As an avid boat owner, he knew when we hit seventy his eyes started to water. This told me my speedo was not that far off. It was also cheaper than a GPS.

Ranman
04-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Don't worry too much. Most speedos are optimistic, but this can vary quite a bit. My VDO speedo is only 1-2mph optimistic. At 68 on GPS, the gauge reads 70. It's funny though, how many "75mph" boats I've out run. :D

marcdups
04-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Lets look at it this way, DID ya enjoy the ride????, That is most important, don't ya think :p :D :p

Bet you had a blast :D :D :D

CnV & Family
04-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Most important? Without a doubt!

Let me state that I am way over-enthusastic about the Donzi... As a matter of fact, I've been dreaming of a shiny new 22? wink Auctually, I've been dreaming of shining up the Donzi, waxing it down and adding preformance parts for the past few nights. (wish I could figure out where the $$$ came from!)

And yes, we did have a blast! :D

I'd just prefer my guages to be accurate, and thought they would be... I guess reading lots of speedo results from the searches threw me into the 'woah, i don't want to be known as someone who exaggerates' category. I know you guys keep tabs and when we eventually meet one day I'll be called out to prove whats been posted here. :D

-C

marcdups
04-09-2002, 01:32 PM
C,
Just enjoy it for a season and then think about upgrades for the winter, Folks on here are great no matter what your speedo reads, you have one of the coolest boat, so do I,lol, and just relax have a boat soda or two and enjoy, It is just the beginning of a great LOVE affair :D eek! :D eek! :D

marcdups
04-09-2002, 01:37 PM
C, you have to go and meet the boys and gulls at Tomahawk on the 28th, I would be there but my Mom is flying into town that day and the ex is not into picking her up for a day or two, that's a bummer :(

You really should, a great gang :D :D

RH
04-09-2002, 03:08 PM
C, from what I can tell about this group, you should have no worries about being called on the carpet for some speedo reading. I'm just glad that you have one of the premier marques in the world. Sit back and enjoy the learning experience of the sport and the Donzi heritage. The boats are just something that we all have in common. I've been around boats all of my 37 years and can honestly say that I have learned more in the last year from this board than I have in the previous 36 years of my existance. I too am a first time owner of a Donzi this spring, and cannot wait to get it splashed for the season. Enjoy!

CrackerJack
04-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Don't worry, I have the same size and power you have in my 16' Donzi. I am usually the least powered when we all get together. However, in the
last year we have had so much fun it should
be illegal. Everyone just enjoys getting together
and having a great time with their Donzi's.
Jack

Tomahawk
04-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Thanks Towell Boy, We'll see you at AOTH II.
C-Man, see you here on the 28th, if not before! A good time will be had by all- it can't be helped!!
aaaahhhEEEEEEE! :D