PDA

View Full Version : Question for later model 18 owners....

harbormaster
06-20-2002, 07:56 PM
I picked up the carpet and it looks like it has not been up in 5 years. Yiiiich. I am washing the deck and interior. Where is the water supposed to drain to? The water is going into the ice chest area in the floor but is collecting and not draining. What do you guys do?

Can you get new plastic inserts for the seat rails or do you have to buy the whole base?

scratching my head.

Sagbay32
06-20-2002, 10:05 PM
You have to buy the whole base. I was in email contact with Springfield about this.
did you forget to search (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003384#000003)

Randy Oak is the man on this one :D

Scott Pearson
06-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Is it collecting in the Ice Chest or when you lift it out its collecting in the hull? If its in the hull...Thats what I think you mean. Then just stick a coat hanger or something though the hole in the bulkhead at the very bottom. It should drain right out.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck with the new boat!!!!

(NJ)Scott

harbormaster
06-20-2002, 10:18 PM
the small drain hole in the icechest was clogged. I have it figured out now.

I took off work tomorrow. I think I am going to get 2 seat bases tomorrow. Aaaah the slow sucking sound from the wallet begins....

Barry Phillips
06-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Harbormaster, I had a lose seatbase on my 98 18, I called Springfield in Mass. They where very helpfull and sent me new nylon inserts which elimated the rocking. My locker between the seats and under the back seat has drains with brass inserts and do not collect water if kept clean, but the drains in the lip that motor hatch fits into are to small and the natural surface tension of the water dose not let them drian into the bilge.

SL-SLO

ToonaFish
06-21-2002, 12:52 PM
So, Master of the Harbor, details, we want details! Like, hmmh, anyone fly out of the boat yet?

Bunches,

Celene 'still green, with a purple tinge'

harbormaster
06-21-2002, 01:03 PM
The boat won't get wet for a bit longer. I still need to do the title transfer and the title is between here and Michigan. TEXAS will probably charge almost as much as I paid for the trailer to transfer and license the boat.

Donzi Jenn
06-23-2002, 10:33 AM
Scot, If you want some good pointers and advise on those seat bases, call me at my office on monday (there's gust too much to type) (248) 208-8347. Randy