PDA

View Full Version : Dirty White Boy

Scubado
01-11-2001, 12:26 PM
Can anyone suggest a product that works well for cleaning and keeping clean white vinyl upholstery?

RickR
01-11-2001, 01:52 PM
I use Meguires Cleaner and Conditioner and Starbrite Vinyl Shampoo

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Ted S
01-11-2001, 02:11 PM
I use a cleaner called "Formula 444" it's made by Jersey Chemical in Paterson NJ. The stuff is great but be careful it's really strong, in full strength it will take off engine paint.

GeneD
01-11-2001, 02:16 PM
I use Bleach White, or Soft Scrub, depending on how much mildew has accumulated. It always comes out WHITE!
Probably against manufacturers advice.
Does anyone know what Bilt-Rite recommends?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Stromer
01-11-2001, 08:38 PM
The best thing you can do - and this is straight from my vinyl supplier - clean it with a stiff brush and soap or cleaner. MOST IMPORTANT IS TO PROTECT IT AFTER IT IS CLEAN!
This vinyl supplier recommends "333".

Emmo
01-11-2001, 09:41 PM
Bilt-Rite says use mineral spirits and elbow grease.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

BERTRAM BOY
01-11-2001, 09:46 PM
I've tried "Krazy Clean" on a recommendation,
it is no better than "Fantastic".
BERTRAM BOY

Blewbyu
01-16-2001, 09:02 PM
I got some "Slippery Stuff" at the Adult store and wiped it on the white naugahyde.It LOOKS like the dickens,but it sure FEELS gooooood!!!!If I can rub it off,maybe it will clean too!

DonziDave
01-16-2001, 10:00 PM
My '86-18 still has the original white w/ red piping interior and still looks great. Here's how I clean: Ivory liquid soap well diluted in luke warm water and a fairly soft fingernail brush. Brush gets into the seams and texture of the vinyl. Do not over-wet the seams. Remove soap and loosend dirt with clean water and cloth. Then wipe dry.
DO NOT - use detergents with degreasers (DAWN), 409, Simple Green, ect. type cleaners. They are very bad for vinyl. Many have fine print that says not to use on soft vinyls. Be careful, you can damage your seats trying to clean them.
Other care tips that are obvious:
Don't let seats bake in sun or soaked with rain.
Guests without boat shoes don't ride in my boat.
Minimize stepping in seats.
Wipe down seats at end day.
Remove interior at end of season (no mildew).
And the #1 tip for saving your seats....
I use and keep for guests an oil-free waterbased sunblock. I don't let anyone use that greasey waterproof crap. It really collects dirt and body oil. Makes the seats very hard to keep clean.
That's why I am also known as DonziNazi !!!