PDA

View Full Version : whats better Bravo 1 or Mirage???

G - FORCE 88
06-19-2002, 09:45 PM
I am looking into getting a Bravo 1 prop, 4 blades for my 22 Classic.I right now have a 25p Mirage. Which would be better the one I have or the Bravo? WHat do the 4 blades do? better than 3? more speed??more hole shot? the same? let me know what you guys think.
thanks
JOn :D :D

HP 600SC
06-20-2002, 04:38 AM
Or call me....LOL (inside joke!)

Tomahawk
06-20-2002, 06:08 AM
What Scott said plus, the Bravo will will make your shifting "clunk" even louder - on your boat, the Mirage is a much better choice.

Woodsy
06-20-2002, 06:08 AM
My .10 cents worth...

I tried a Bravo 1 24P on my '97 454 MAG 22 Classic, and quite frankly I didn't like it. I did not get the chine walking that Poodle describes, actually, it was ALOT more stable than the 25P Mirage that came with the boat. But it was ALOT slower. I then picked up a 24P Hydromotive Quad IV. That prop was still not quite as fast as the Mirage, but the rough water stability was there, no nasty torquing of the boat, etc. I really liked the Hydromotive...

So, to answer your question, for all out speed, a Labbed 25P mirage is the way to go. If you want a rock solid boat in just about any conditions, and don't mind losing a little speed the Hydromotive Quad IV is a pretty good prop.

Woodsy :D :D

PS: The thing with props is everybody has an opinion... try them out if possible, and decide which one YOU like!!

RickSE
06-20-2002, 11:13 AM
The 4-blades pay off if your running your prop close to the surface or you have a stepped hull; i.e. they like aerated water. The 4-blades will give you better control and holding power in turns but will slow you down. I currently run a 21P Mirage Plus, tried to run a 21P Revolution-4 but had to step down to a 19P Rev-4 to even get close to the 21P Mirage+. Four blade props have a lot of bite.

Tommy McDermott
06-20-2002, 12:21 PM
2 is for speed, 4 is for torque and handling. you might get better efficency with a four also.