PDA

View Full Version : Wish Us Gulfcoast guys luck!

harbormaster
07-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Looks like Claudette will hit us tomorrow.

I have everything tied down.

I am currently trying to recover my PC hard disk. I am typing this on my wife's laptop.

Not the best way to start out the week.

The tides are about 3 foot over normal. They will be at least 5 foot I think. Should be fun!

Donzigo
07-15-2003, 12:21 AM
How high over sea level is your house?

DonCig
07-15-2003, 05:04 AM
Scot, it looks like the the mobile home we use for staying in when we go deep sea fishing down in Matagordo Bay is goint to see a second life as a bobber!

Don

Team Jefe
07-15-2003, 06:50 AM
This is one of the few times I'm glad to be this far from the water.

H-town should be OK. Its the crews further south I'm worried about. Via Con Dios.

JEFE

ToonaFish
07-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Don't Texans know about Hurricane parties?

Bunches,

Celene "y'all keep your heads above water"

Dredgeking
07-15-2003, 07:31 AM
wish me luck. we're right on the flight path of the big ol'storm. we've battened down the hatches on all the dredges. we look like a big used dredge dealer here in our yard.

Dredgeking
07-15-2003, 07:33 AM
oh yeah, and angela is 9 months preggo. might be a real interestng day. i've been waiting 5 years for a damn hurricance. i got what i wished for. i know i need to stop wishing for things.

mattyboy
07-15-2003, 08:05 AM
good luck guys take care!!

MOP
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Was thinking of you guys long before I read the post. Bonnie & I will say a prayer for you Texonians to keep you safe. Scot I hope your ears were burning this weekend, you were the topic of many conversations. I would have love to have met you, the southern contingency did talk a lot about you. I will not repeat their comments as you head will not fit through the door anymore!

God Bless & be well!

Phil / MOP

Dredgeking
07-15-2003, 11:12 AM
gusting up to 100 at the yard right now.

HyperDonzi
07-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Sounds like some good wave jumping wink

Stay inside and safe!!
Tommy

JimG
07-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Hang on DredgeKing!

:(

We got 60's at my place and my cruiser's floating 3 feet ABOVE the dock. (Normal is a nice step down into the boat...)

The Kemah Boardwalk is completely submerged, including the fountain where the kids play...

Go away Claudette! :D

JimG

Brad Lyon
07-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Our thoughts are with you all down there! Scot, did you give any thought to how some of us can help you? Send me your inventory, I will send out your orders if you would like, just let us know how we can help.

Brad

boxy
07-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Buckle up tight, and let us know if we can help.
Take care.

McGary911
07-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Hang in there guys. I just closed 3 of our branch offices on the Gulf coast in Victoria, Corpus Christi, and Lake Jackson. They tell me it's getting pretty bad. Being from jersey, i've seen my fair share of bad hurricanes, and know how destructive they can be. Hope all people\boats\houses come through this ok...Good luck.

longbow68
07-15-2003, 05:05 PM
has anyone heard from the folks in texas?hopping that they are safe and let us hear from them SOON.

harbormaster
07-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Well It is pretty much over here. The sun was even shining earlier. It wasn't too bad here. Most damage was from the the extremely high storm surge.

Darrell
07-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Hey Guys;

Be safe, hope that it does not do much damage.

If you could send some extra rain, north of the Red River, our lake is drying out, and it's been over a 100 for the past 10 days (108 yesterday).

Thinking about you guys;

Darrell

boldts
07-16-2003, 12:15 AM
I hope everyone down in TX is doing alright. I was watching the weather station to see how things were going there. Those weather people will stand in anything to get a story. 100 MPH winds is nothing to be standing in. It's not the rain, but the flying pieces of everything else!

Saw pictures of captains with their sportfishermans heading out to sea rather than leaving them at the docks. I don't know that I would choose that path if it were me. A boat is replacable, but your life only happens once.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you all.

JimG
07-16-2003, 07:18 AM
No too bad in our area (Clear Lake/Houston/Galveston). Thank goodness! :)

Lots of tide, gusty (50-60mph) winds. It was a near miss for us...

Dredgeking, you guys all right?

JimG

MOP
07-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Glad to have heard from you guys, but have we heard from all the boys down there? It sure looked like the **** hit the fan along the western shore. Still worried till we get an all Ok report.

TMANN
07-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Not to bad for me just allot of branches in the yard. The man across the street is on the lake and got about 4 inches in his house but it was not from the rain just that the lake came up very high. Anyways this one was easy for us. I hope everyone down on High Island and Corpus are ok.

TMANN

Morgan's Cloud
07-16-2003, 02:22 PM
I must have seen the same news coverage that boltds did.Some place definitely took a thumping,but it was the amount of water damage (flooding really) that surprised me.Must be much lower lying area than I thought.
Hope every one in the area came through safe and NO Donzi damage please ..

We're technically 6 years overdue for a hit.. Gawd I hate a hurricane ! !

Dredgeking
07-16-2003, 09:19 PM
we had 111 mph at the yard on the coast. all of the floating equip is ok. tore some rooves off a couple shops. it hit 93 mph in victoria. over 50 miles from the gulf and 35 miles from the bay. the house is ok. may need a new roof. lost 300' of privacy fence. it was crazy. i never thought it would stay a hurricane that far inland. i think victoria was more damaged than port lavca. there is more cleanup work than there is damage.

i waited 5 years and got what i wanted. if a big one comes our way i'm getting out of dodge.

JimG
07-17-2003, 06:31 AM
Whoa, Dredgeking! I'm glad you guys are all right!

Hurricane in Victoria?? Just goes to show that these hurricanes do not always read the rule book! What a suprise!

Jim

Dredgeking
07-17-2003, 06:51 PM
insane that it was cat 1 in victoria and cat 2 in the bay. i never thought it would carry that far. when the big storm comes, i'm outa here.