PDA

View Full Version : Looks like another Donzi (Sportsman)for me!

Scott Pearson
06-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Should be closing the deal this weekend. Talked with the guy tonight and all seems well. http://www.donzi.net/photos/spear68sport01.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/spear68sport02.jpg
(NJ)Scott

Dr. Dan
06-19-2002, 08:50 PM
I'm afraid to ask? :rolleyes: ...Doc

Woodsy
06-19-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Scott... I'll bet she will do really well in the rough stuff up here at Winni... you got no excuse now! I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys at the poker run in the new ride! You do realize all of the girls are going to want to ride & hang out with you... not because of your overwhelming charm & personality, because your boat has a head!!

Woodsy :D :D

PS: All kidding aside.. looks like a great ride... If you paint it orange we can name it "The Great Pumpkin"!!

BERTRAM BOY
06-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Pearson..... Another Donzi? You have issues.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

GEOO
06-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Scott,
That's going to be a fun project!!
Can't wait to see her once "Pearson" is done with her....Congrat's... eek!

mattyboy
06-20-2002, 07:11 AM
Good Luck Scott,
I forgot to wish you happy birthday on Monday

Nice present!

now you have a salt water ride!
If you need an extra pair of hands let me Know!

Matt

Digger
06-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Scott, thats great to hear. I've always liked that boat, and to know you'll have one means it will be well taken care of. Good luck with it!

falcon
06-20-2002, 09:40 AM
good luck---looks like a clean boat---what are your plans for it--will you restore it or just use it?

CDMA
06-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Oh the Pearson/Allard " save the Donzi's" fleet grows. SWEET boat. Alright so what do we need next....Bench seat Hornet???? wink wink wink wink

Nice job Scott I like it!

Chris

Just don't do it so nice you can't use it in salt water...

For those that don't know the 28 sportsman is really not a trailerable boat. Well easily. She is 10 feet wide so oversize permits are needed....and so forth.

boldts
06-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Scott - Congratulations on the purchase! Nice to see a picture of one on the board also. BTW, did you start that construction on your Donzi Museum yet? Do you think Donzi Inc. would chip in on the building of it? You'd have to promise no PINK Flamingos when doing the decor though.

Scott Boldt
Wishing I had restore talents!

RH
06-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Scott, great piece of history for your enjoyment! Nice to see another one saved and it could'nt be in better hands! Unless of course mine! Let me know where that next bench seat Hornet is, I'm in for one of those too!
RH

Scott Pearson
06-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Guys,
Thanks! I will let you know how I make out after the weekend. Can you say....Twin 502's???

(NJ)Scott

Scott Pearson
06-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Looks like I will meeting the guy Sunday afternoon. Next thing I need to do is get it out of there in a week or two.

What am I getting myself into????

(NJ)Scott

olredalert
06-22-2002, 09:37 PM
Scott,

------You are an animal!When will you ever find time to ride the Harley?Oh,I know,chasing small parts for all the DONZIs.
------If you intend to keep the Sportsman as clean as the barrel-back we may never see you again.
------Serious congratulations are in order,though.Sportsman 27s are really fine,fine boats in almost any water.You are in for some great times,if you can just keep the obsessive cleaning to a minimum!!!!!!!!!!.........just....envious.....ol red!

olredalert
06-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Scott,

-----Further perusal of your pics prompts me to ask if the windshield appears to be the original?I dont think Ive ever seen a 27 without the formed wrap-around windshield.No strike against the boat at all,just wondering.
-----Looks like alot of fish may have been pulled over that transom.Appears well set up for fishing!
-----What engine combo does it have now?Crusader?Holman/Moody?Inquiring minds want to know.
-----Went to a woodie boat show yesterday,and saw an old 37 foot Chris that had been repowered with Dodge truck V-10s.Prototype packages that may be available sometime this year or next from a Canadian fella.They are considering a Viper package as well.Absolutely beautiful installations in a gorgeous restored cabin cruiser.Best part;will run over 40mph!Bags of torque!I can see those V-10 bad boys under your hatches now!!!!!!!Wallet not withstanding...........just poor.......ol red!

Scott Pearson
06-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Ok guys and ol red,

They deal went through with no bumps! Gave him the cash and I got a title. I will have to work out getting it picked up this week and have it transported home. I'm only about 25 min from where its at. Wonder what the going rate is?

Any whooooo....The boat has twin 390's (Some paper work says 429's) with "Walter" "V" drives. The boat is actually in really, really nice shape. It has all of the orig hardwear. The windshield looks to be orig. From what I can gather Donzi used 3 different types of windshields on the 28's. This one is one of the 3. Actually looks like a 32 Ford Hi-Boy windshield...Kinda cool.

I plan on just getting it all sound for now and using it for awhile. Then maybe down the road go NUTZ!

I'm a happy camper today!

(NJ)Scott

Digger
06-24-2002, 07:59 AM
congrats! :D

McGary911
06-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Scott, Congrats on the latest donzi aquisition. Maybe this one ill see in the ocean from time to time. Was this the one mentioned in the Asbury Park Press a few weeks back? As for transporting the boat, i did a ton of research when i had to have my 31' silverton towed (yes, from a farm in Howell, NJ). After speaking to a bunch of people, including my uncle who owns a boatyard, i called Bob Schroeder, who owns Abby boat hauling in Pt Pleasant. I've used him ever since to tow and block my boat at the beginning and end of each season. Very meticulous and a real pro. He's not just some weekend hack with a trailer, this is how he makes his living. My boat is $250 for the tow and block. That's for a 34' boat. A friend with a 31' got his towed for $200, so you would probably be a bit less. Give him a call 732-899-6354, its a paging service, because he pulls over when pulling a boat, and then uses his cell. Probably a good thing for the boat owner. He calls back quick. Keep in mind if your boat is 10' or more wide, its considered wide load in NJ, and cannot be transported on weekends.

Good luck with the new donzi, and keep us up to date with your latest project.

McGary

Scott Pearson
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
McGary,
Thanks for all the information. I have been in contact with a hauler who came highly recomended by friends that own East Dover Marine. Looks like I will be picking the boat up Friday Morning.

Yes thats the Boat that was in the Press. The owner has been great to deal with. Cant wait to get her home.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Press Release Immediate release!

Sat June 29th 2002, Is the grand opening of the Pearson Donzi Restoration Museum, see various Donzi speed boats in all stages of restoration, also available will be pink flamigo bar and bird sanctuary, the white goat petting zoo. Fun for the whole family, located off Rt 9 in Howell NJ :D wink :D wink

Matt
north of Scott and 3 donzi's short of a fleet

Scott Pearson
06-24-2002, 09:05 PM
Matty,
Your killing me. Speaking of more Donzi's...I will most likely be on a mission next weekend. I think I found another 14 Baby. I will have to see.

(NJ)Scott