PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Donzi...looking for some parts

swede1
07-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Just picked up my first boat (ever) the other day....a 89 25' El Pescador........I feel as though I got a pretty good deal....engine looks good, brand new trailer.....only a few cosmetic blemishes, one of them being a cracked top hatch for the doorway to the cuddycabin....are parts like this readily available...(I am sure that there are going to be more little parts like this down the road that I would like to replace)....or is this basically something I would have to manufacter myself....or search for in salvage yards....

Sorry if my lingo is not up to date, but as I said I am pretty new to this.

Thanks!

Fredric

Stix Magill
07-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Welcome Swede!

Your first boat, and it's a very cool Donzi! :)
If your parts are to be found, these fellows will help you. Please register your boat and send pictures as soon as possible.

Scott Smith

Donzigo
07-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Welcome........Gainesville, Florida, Georgia, where?

FYI, "parts available", keep in mind that boat manufacturers are as much as anything else, "assemblers of boats". They make their own hull, and other fiberglass parts; but, they usually buy everything else from other manf. So, your question of parts being available leads one to ask, which parts?

Good luck with your boat. Sounds like a nice one.

MOP
07-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Fredric having just seen olredalert's boat at the 1000 Island gathering and seeing the results of the resto he would be a great guy to ask about the boat. My favorite boat is the 22 Classic but my eyes kept going back to Bills boat it was not only perfect but really showed its stuff in the rough water it is exceptional as was every boat there.

swede1
07-15-2003, 07:12 PM
That would be Gainesville Florida.....moved here a few years back from arizona....let my wife know instantly that living this close to the ocean I absolutely needed a boat...and here we are...

In terms of the parts I would be looking for....mainly cosmetic stuff.....like the plexiglass hatch that I mentioned, seat cushins and stuff like that.......I guess that the plexiglass hatch I maybe able to make myself....can you buy tanned plexiglass at Loewes??

Anyway, I registred the boat with you guys and sent in a picture ....should be up shortly....

Those Mahi-Mahi better watch out!

Fredric

oldLenny
07-15-2003, 07:54 PM
...very cool..welcome aboard Fredrick...Many friends here, especially where you are.

...nice ride... :D

1989ElPescador250
01-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Looks like we are in the same boat man with the 25 foot el pescador, its a real nice riding boat.....awsome for fishing!!! good luck with yours