PDA

View Full Version : Holley 4010 Carb

Murphy
01-10-2001, 06:41 PM
Got my eye on a Holley Marine Carb Model 4010. It flows 600CFM which is enough for my SBC. It's a dual fuel inlet model with vacuum secondaries. Does anyone know anything about the 4010?

Thanks

Murph

Blewbyu
01-10-2001, 07:47 PM
Murph-I have the SBC 5.7HO ZZZ crate motor(with alum. heads etc.)that dyno's 385 HP with this carb.The carb has blown a power valve once-but otherwise totally dependable.
Very easy to find parts(many common w/othr Holleys),and doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out.Easily tunable.Excellent for boats-good torque w/right cam!It's a keeper!!!

BigGrizzly
01-10-2001, 08:26 PM
I used one on my Corsican with a 351 Clevland, it will pull 5600 rpms. Main jet change is a snap and they don't leak. I also have the 750cfm model. The carb has 4 separate main jets and two powervalves. I never blew a powervalve. I just sorry holley stopped making them. All parts will interchange with regular holley parts. I feel they are one of the easiest carbs to tune and keep that way.

Randy

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 01-10-2001).]

Forrest
01-11-2001, 08:19 AM
Like Randy said, it a great working and very safe carb. I have three - one on each of my small block Chevrolets. One thing to watch for if you take it apart, the threads for the screws that fasten the top of the carb to the body can easily strip with a moderately heavy hand on the screwdriver. Still, highly recommended though.

------------------
Forrest

Murphy
01-11-2001, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It's in primo condition. How does $125 including the chrome fuel line connector tube sound?

Murph

Forrest
01-11-2001, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me . . . it is in fact the marine version isn't it?

------------------
Forrest

Blewbyu
01-16-2001, 09:16 PM
Murphy-Check for the J-tubes (vents)on the top.If it's got em,it should be the Marine version.Good buy at that price.

Murphy
01-17-2001, 10:13 PM
It is in fact the USCG approve model. Got the J-tubes intact. Thanks again. This 350 is starting to come together. It'll sport a 4-bolt main, 492 double-hump 2.02/1.60 angle-plug 68cc heads with stainless steel undercut valves, bronze quides, teflon racing seals, screw-in studs, guideplates, the works. We'll install Keith Black quench pistons for about a 9.5:1 compression ratio. Balance and blueprint it. Finally located a clean high rise dual-plane cast iron manifold to stick the Holley on. Probably try to top that off with a K&N stub stack and filter. Now... on to 4" exhaust to make all that worthwhile. Might just keep up with the Rat pack yet.