PDA

View Full Version : Boating - Myrtle Beach SC

RedDog
06-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know about boating in Myrtle Beach SC? I have a chance to go for a few days and stay at a friend's cottage (if I can shake off that 4-letter word called WORK). Is this somewhere that would be enjoyable in an 18 Classic considering about an 8 hour tow? I looked at an atlas and it really didn't look that promising. Maybe I should hold off for another potential upcoming trip to Hilton Head.

Thanks

Digger
06-20-2002, 08:30 AM
I seatrialed my boat on the intercoastal, town called Little River just north of Myrtle. I hadn't been on the intercoastal before, and had a good time there. I would take the boat. It would suck to get down there, look at the sun dancin' on the water on a nice day, and say "damn I wish I had the boat here"....... :cool:

marcdups
06-20-2002, 10:16 AM
Reddog, depending on where you are staying the intercoastal and surrounding areas can be a blast, like Digger suggested the Little River area can be fun and Bird Island on the week ends can be quite the place to hang out, it is near Little river inlet which is a wave jumping haven!!
As for the south side you have Wacca Wacche river and areas which are also pretty cool or make a run to Georgetown for a great seafood lunch, all of which are cool runs.
I have not been down on the south side lately but as far as fuel and marinas there are plenty, and also watering holes, the Blue Marlin in little River being the local hang out primarily,
Have a blast even if you do not take the boat!!
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Marc

Tommy McDermott
06-20-2002, 10:43 AM
my mom said it would be lots of fun to bring the boat down there but i have never gone frown

marcdups
06-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Make sure if you venture south ask a local about the "ROCK PILE"!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!