PDA

View Full Version : Miami Boat Show.....

jimmyc
01-09-2001, 09:39 PM
With the Miami Boat Show just a few weeks away I thought that I would start the thread......I will be unable to make it down this year but I know that the "cast of characters" will have a great time! Scott B., when Gino sports that rooster tail remember it's not just for show!

boldts
01-09-2001, 11:01 PM
JimmyC,
I can't wait to see it at Lake Cumberland. I'm hoping I can get a view from the passenger's seat. Any thoughts on doing a RoadTrip from Iowa?

Scott Boldt

Forrest
01-10-2001, 09:24 AM
Jimmy, you just got to make it on down, dude . . . Otherwise, when will we see you again?

------------------
Forrest

GeneD
01-10-2001, 10:34 AM
Oh man...when I saw the first post from JimmyC labeled "Miami Boat Show", I got that funny feeling in my stomach. It's the same one I get when I am 10 feet in the air while jumping the wake of a sportfisherman.
EXCITEMENT!!!!
Then what happended? I got that sinking feeling I get when the motor suddenly quits for no apparent reason.
What a let down. What are we going to do for a Travel Bar? Who is going to be around to be the comic relief? Big question...who is going to be around with the Gold Card to pick our bar tabs?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Jimmy, fly down. We'll take care of you.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

jimmyc
01-10-2001, 11:58 AM
LALALALALALALA..............i'm not hearing you guys!!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif

GeneD
01-11-2001, 08:48 AM
Do we need to campaign?
FREE JIMMY CAFFREY!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
01-11-2001, 02:27 PM
Jimmy, listen to me. Get your travel bar and get your butt down here. You have no business not being here for the for the show. I tell you what, if you make it down for the show, we'll give you a ride to Alabama Jacks in that wooden Donzi you read about on the other thread! How 'bout that!!!

------------------
Forrest

jimmyc
01-12-2001, 06:28 PM
Forrest......you are the devil! Take a digital camera and take a lot of pics, I will be there in spirit....when's Portifino???

Tom on Lanier
01-12-2001, 10:50 PM
Jimmy - Portofino is March 30, 31 and April 1 - no foolin'

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

[This message has been edited by Tom on Lanier (edited 01-12-2001).]

BigGrizzly
01-12-2001, 10:58 PM
I know I can't replace JimmyC but maybe I can come down and keep his place warm untill next year when he WILL return. Let me know your thoughts I havn't been to that show for almost ever. Sounds like a place I need to be this year.

Randy

GeneD
01-15-2001, 07:16 AM
Randy,
Come on down and bring that Corsican with you. We'll have a blast.
JimmyC,
You WILL be making it down for the Portofino right?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 01-15-2001).]

BigGrizzly
01-15-2001, 09:33 PM
Thanks GeneD, I don't know if the water cops will like my 4 inch exhaust pipes. I may have to travel fast, and mite make towing hard. Lets see what we can do.

Randy

GeneD
01-15-2001, 11:21 PM
NO ONE says a word about loud exhaust down here. I have 4" on 007, straight thru and loud as heck.
Not to worry Donzi Boy, we got your back.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

BigGrizzly
01-16-2001, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys I'll come down, with or with the boat. I'll need to get in touch with to find motel etc. I'll be traveling alone,Lady Grizzly is working on a high dollar system and can't come out and play.

Randy

lou
01-17-2001, 06:26 PM
Can we all get together at the show on a certain day time and place? I would like to see and meet the people behind the posts.

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 01-17-2001).]

GeneD
01-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Well Lou, after all this time...you are finally going to make it to the show! That's great, I look forward to meeting you.
May I suggest the Biscayne Bay Marriott for happy hour? We had a pleasant time there last year and were able to come home with some very interesting souvenirs!
I'll do my best to scam a ride on one of the Sea Ray yachts, but lately they are ignoring me in favor of Vice Presidents of large boating corporations. This is wrong!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

lou
01-17-2001, 07:46 PM
Sounds good to me, anyone else in?

GeneD
01-19-2001, 09:49 AM
Had Caffrey decided to fly down for Happy Hour?
We NEED you!
We'll come to the airport and get ya, big man...

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Dalelama
01-19-2001, 05:48 PM
Might I suggest meeting up at Monty's South Beach. Plenty of dock space, and easy acsess to numerous "watering holes" scattered about the town. I can load up a few folks in the Minx.. and I don't think anybody knows the local waters better than Scotty B. and myself!

Other options are the Grove or Bayside.

------------------
Dale Evans
Miami, FL
'87 Minx / 320 EFI