PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's time for us to pay for the ride, gang.......

Donzigo
07-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone. In chatting with the harbourmaster about why my last order took a while to ship, it led into some interesting topics:

a. There are costs involved in running a website.

b. He's gotten a little overwhelmed with items people haven't bought. We come up with good ideas; but, when we don't buy everything, (like the 50 extra mugs in his living room, which cost $4/$5 to send out, leaving about $1 profit), he gets a little over-extended with money in inventory.

c. Since Scot asks for nothing and depends on donations, and the profit from the shirts, etc, it's pretty tough for him to hear of someone on the registry saying the cost is too high, they can get em cheaper, etc. Scot has even heard from people wanting to negotiate prices. Hey, it's all true, the prices include a donation, that's all. It's no secret that Scot makes a nichol, when selling the shirts for $22. My feeling is that it's better make a $22 donation and get a shirt than make a donation and get nothing.

d. It's been a while since someone put a post up to send the man a small donation.

e. I have found some really great new friends, only from my association with the registry. It belongs to us and there's never a commercial angle to it. Let's keep it that way.

What do you say, let's send a $25 or $50 or more, if you feel so moved. He's running on empty with no fuel dock in sight.

Scot Van Alstine
1507 Blairmont
Houston, Texas 77062

Islander
07-14-2003, 04:32 PM
All true. And with paypal it's so easy to do that there's no excuse. :)

Darrell
07-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the post, DonziGo, check is on it's way.

Darrell

Chris-007
07-15-2003, 08:52 PM
I ponied up once for new software. There was talk of mugs or something for those who donated but I never heard anything back. Not sure what happened.

Hate to bitch, but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see a thread like this. I'm as generous as the next guy. I've bought stickers and a trailer hitch cover thingy...

Now I'm just busy enjoying the summer and my new Donzi. See you all on the water.

Regards,

HyperDonzi
07-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Now that I am almost grown up, I just got a checking ac****, give me 7-10 business days for these 50 "free" checks to arrive and 20$ will be on its way.

DonCig
07-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Scot, $25.00 on its way thru PayPal.

Thanks,

Don

harbormaster
07-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Many thanks to the following supporters for chipping in so quickly.

Manuel Vergara
Ronald A Jagisch
Don Tamm
David Farrington
Keith Kreider

I hesitate to name names bit these guys jumped on the the wagon the same day.

McGary911
07-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Scot, How about adding a paypal button to the goodies page, just for donations. Whenever I order some stuff, I'd like to throw a few extra bucks to the board, and that would be a great way to do it. Right now I'm at work and could hit the paypal button right now, but i wont have time to write out a check till the weekend. Could i just buy a hat, but enter a comment that i dont really want the hat, that i am sending a donation?

Just a few thoughts........

harbormaster
07-16-2003, 08:11 PM
I added a donation button to the goodies page. You can specify any amount.

http://www.donzi.net/cart/

Chris-007
07-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Another donation from me via paypal. Hope it helps...

Fish boy
07-17-2003, 03:39 AM
paypal just sent from your friends in Kissimmee.

fish

harbormaster
07-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks Guyz...

Dave98
07-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Scot, you have mail. Dave

McGary911
07-18-2003, 09:25 AM
The paypal button made that much easier! And just going to the goodies page made me buy a 22 T.

HyperDonzi
07-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Scot, could I send you a starter check? Regular check without my name on the top. The good ones are supposed to come in "7 business days"

Voodoocanoe
07-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Harbormaster,
Please send me your name and mailing address, I don't do online money transactions.
Thanks for dedicating your time and money to provide this website.

Dredgeking
07-20-2003, 07:00 AM
of all the sites on the web this one definetly deserves a donation. i sent a lil something.

scot, maybe it's not your style, but other sites have memberships and they come with privleges. i didn't used to believe in paying for anything on the net, but once i saw the hard work individuals put into a site i decided i would pay for the good ones. come up with a catchy members only gimmick and i'll bite. i'm not into gimmicks, but people do like to know they are getting something when they send a website their money. just a thought.

Stan
07-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Scot,

Thanks.....for all you do......this bucks for you !!!

The most value for my money .

Stan........... :cool: :cool:

harbormaster
07-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the kind comments and support. I could not do it without you guys. This website is made by all of you. Dredge, I have had that suggestion before but I want to keep it open to everyone.

boldts
07-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Voodoo,

The Donzi Registry
2323 Clear Lake City Blvd, Suite 180 - 253
Houston, Texas 77062

Please make checks payable to "The Donzi Registry"

"Harbormaster" otherwise known as Scot VanAlstine

Scot - just noticed that Donzigo posted a different address. I used that one when I sent some help. I'm assuming or hoping that is a home address and you received the donation?

Scot Van Alstine
1507 Blairmont
Houston, Texas 77062