PDA

View Full Version : Are you this anal?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-19-2002, 02:42 PM
OK, my buddy kept bragging about FLITZ to polish the trailer (aluminum), when I saw his 2 year old trailer shining like it was cast yesterday I was impressed.... SO I picked some up yesterday.
HELL on rags but man does it shine! Supposedly you do it twice a year according to the directions.
Just FYI for you anal guys.... like me! :)

Bryan

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 02:56 PM
SWEET MAN THANKS FOR THE TIP wink

Digger
06-19-2002, 03:19 PM
Oh cripes thats all I need :rolleyes: ...somebody send me a case of Flitz and a small army of migrant workers :D

Forrest
06-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Are you sure that those aluminun I-beam extrusions aren't clear annodized? If they are, you are just polishing through the protective annodized layer which will promote corrosion, or in the least, make it look dull quicker than if you left it alone.

2biguns
06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Forrest. I had a set of aluminum mags on a former vehicle and had the bright idea of working my rear off one Sunday and hand polished with some sort of wonder cleaner. They looked great for a week, then faded unbelievably fast.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Nope, just regular old aluminum I beam, not coated with anything. My buddy did his last winter and it still looks like new, I wasn't sold until I saw it....

As far as my wheels go, never touch them except washing.
Bryan

CDMA
06-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Forrest,

I think I know what you are getting at and I researched it. According to Dan Gallagher Rolls Axle aluminum is not coated in any way. It is just mill extrusion as it comes. I asked him this specifically before I took the buffing wheel to my trailer. I generally run over the trailer 2 times a year with 3M's comparable product. I really like how it makes the trailer look.

So yes I guess that makes me that anal...

Forrest
06-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Well that's good! Maybe I can find a kid in the neighborhood (for cheap) to put a mean polish job on my not-so-shiny Rolls trailer that's under the Magnum.

Well you know, after taking another look, I think it still has some shine to it.

I better leave it alone. :p

BERTRAM BOY
06-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Chris,
What's the name of the 3M equivelent?
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Now seriously, you guys are going to give Mark L. some odd ideals about his Avatar. (http://www.epud.net/~owen/butter.jpg) :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-19-2002, 07:15 PM
OWEN, that was funny!

I just thought I would pass along some good gouge, I always just said "it is a trailer" until I got my brand new one last month, since she will be around awhile I want her to look good.

Like I said, hell on rags! If you get caught putting them in the washer, well lets just say I can tell you what your wife might say! LOL
Mine went to the trash! eek!
(and I AM anal!)
CDMA, I would have never guessed you to be! Just kidding, I know you are meticulous and I think that is a great trait in a man....

So maybe I should ask, would you lay on your bow and sacrifice your body to a softball size hail storm?
Bryan

Dr. Dan
06-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Big Bryan, I did a Boat Towel/Rag load in our New Neptune Washer :rolleyes: ...Boy am I an IDIOT!!! It took me five Bleach washes and alot of elbow grease to clean that puppy out! :p Liz just laughed, she knows I'm anal (it's the Greek in me) blame my father!...Never again, rags are cheap! :D ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-19-2002, 08:07 PM
DOC, I can SOOOO relate, I have dozens of car/truck/boat towels, and none are the color they were made, I pour in heavy bleach, a BUNCH of soap and still leave a ring in the washer!
The crap Nancy tolerates is amazing! eek!

Hope to see you guys soon, and tell your wife I am packing silly string that has her name on it!
All in good fun.... :)
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-19-2002, 08:14 PM
DOC, do our poker run! 1st weekend in August, we will host you if need be. Our pleasure.
ROADTRIP may be my first mate after tonight...
A great weekend and a long course, we estimate 4 hours at 50 to 55 MPH... not counting No Wake etc... that includes a trip down the coast a few miles...

http://www.hrpa.homestead.com/pokerrun.html

Bryan

Special K
06-19-2002, 10:48 PM
You guys are crazy. Any idiot knows that you take all your shop rags to the closest apartment complex washroom and wash them... :D