PDA

View Full Version : !@X$%@ dashboard

Bad Dog
01-09-2001, 07:32 PM
Two equally frustrating issues...

1. Apparently the 1987 era 18 footers had a glove box on the left side, in which you could put a stereo in the back.

Word also has it those glove boxes weren't worth crap.

2. The guy who owned by 1987 before me took out the glove box so basically there is a great big whole in the dash on the left side.

So I look to you guys for a solution. The size of the opening is the same size as the previous glove box, which means no standard "radio" housing will fit there (too tall and not wide enough). Certainly I can fix the width problem by carving up the fiberglass, but the height problem doesn't go away.

It looks like ****!

Any suggestions...

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

Stromer
01-09-2001, 08:08 PM
Make a plate out of aluminum or some "cool" looking material that large enough to fit over the hole. Then cut out the right size for your radio from the aluminum plate!

The plate can fasten to the dash/deck with ss screws. Pre-drill and counter sink em' though!

GeneD
01-10-2001, 10:40 AM
Uh...why not get another glove box? I see them all the time in the marine surplus joints. Then you could put your stereo in the spot you indicated???

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Scott Pearson
01-10-2001, 03:39 PM
...I think fill the old hole in and paint the whole boat!

Kidding

(NJ)Scott

Blewbyu
01-10-2001, 08:10 PM
Planter box with vertical dirt.......?
Donate engine to Genes S-10 and the outdrive to me.

Blewbyu
01-10-2001, 08:20 PM
Or.....1.GPS and a Lowrance X85 fishfinder.
or
2.Icemaker
or
3.5"TV
or
4.Frontload CD stacker
or
5.Bikini Storage(most logical idea)

Scott Pearson
01-11-2001, 08:04 AM
Hay....thats some great idea's.....But remember the old Tissue Box's that the older cars had as an option. Well....there you go. So when you get blown away by a little bass boat or something like that you can grap a tissue and cry your eye's out. Or when the motor blows up, or outdrive. You'll have all the tissues you need.

Or on the positive note. You can use the tissues to wipe the splattered bugs off of your face when you doing 75mph. Or the tears from your eyes when they start watering at high speeds.

(NJ)Scott

Dalelama
01-11-2001, 07:36 PM
Go to a Discount Auto Supply.....
Find a Subaru stereo adaptor... it will just fit, and you can slap in the rig of your choice.

------------------
Dale Evans
Miami, FL