PDA

View Full Version : HEY HARBOURMASTER I HAVE PICS

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 12:38 PM
SCOT I DONT HAVE ANY WAY OF PUTTING THEM ON THE SITE. I CAN DISRIBE THEM TO U THOUGH.
THE BOAT IS YELLOW, W/A BLACK STRIPE RUNNING DOWN EACH SIDE, THE HELM IS ON THE STARBORD SIDE,
IGNITION, AND ALL INSTUMENTS ARE IN THE CENTER. THE BOAT ARCHES IN THE MIDDLE HAS 2 BUCKET SEATS, AND S BENCH IN THE BACK.
THE WINDSHIELD IS A 5 PIECE KINDA HIGH BUT SLEAKED BACK. THE ENGINE HATCH OPENS TO THE PORT SIDE,
THE ONLY THING I SEE THAT I DONT LIKE IS THAT THE V DOSNT LOOK REAL DEEP.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 01:38 PM
hey other scot. are they still good rough water boats. that is my main concern. i boat on lake erie, and on a normal weekend day we are playing in 2-4 footers. the windshield is different than the one in the model list.

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 01:41 PM
A '71 with Right Hand Steering. Now things get interesting. While your at it Thrillseeker, maybe you can find the Caps Lock key.

Just ribbing ya....... :D

Which boat are you looking at in the model list?

smoothie
06-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Take it easy on him now you guys. He's just a corn farmer from Ohio :p

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 02:21 PM
THANKS SMOOTHY. I WAS LOOKING AT THE CORISCAN. IS THIS BETTER W/ THE CAPS KEY. BUDDY!!!! wink HEY CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT. I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WETHER TO BUY THIS BOAT OR NOT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED.

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 02:42 PM
If its a Donzi Corsie, buy it.

There is also the concept of a Thread in BBS posting, where by you post all relevant stuff about a particular topic under one title, that way we don't have to look through five different topics to know you are looking at a '71 (non-sutphen) possible Donzi Corsican, of which you have photos we can help you post, with a 400 CID/396HP engine, alpha drive, in New York - a 10 hour drive for you - for 4000 dollars. :D

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 02:50 PM
IS THE CORISCAN A GOOD ROUGH WATER BOAT? HOW SHOULD IT RUN W/ THAT MOTOR. WILL THAT DRIVE IMPLODE?

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 02:57 PM
Excellent rough water boat as the center of gravity on those is more along the keel. You can detune the motor and it will last you a lifetime. But right now its alittle on the edge of what an Alpha will take. Corsicans are ultra rare boats inspired by a Levey design Don saw while racing over seas. Big Grizzly owns one and can tell you how they handle.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 03:00 PM
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE HELM IS ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BOAT. AND HOW WOULD I DETUNE IT? HOW FAST DO YOU THINK IT WLL GO? AND DO U THINK IT WILL HANDLE LAKE ERIE?

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 03:06 PM
What direction is the alpha spinning? RH Or LH. Most likely RH in which case you are go to go. Easyest way to detune - Christ I'll get flake for this - is to rejet the carb so it meters less at the right air fuel mix. Just remember this boat can not hole shoot. Take your time getting on plane. It will handle Erie - well on the days you should be running anyway. wink

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 03:11 PM
SO IF THE PROP IS SPINNING TO THE RIGHT, I WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. WHY IS THAT?
SHOULD I BUY IT OR SHOULD I BUY MARKS 16 CLASSIC. :D :confused:

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Cause then with a Starboard helm the torque reaction of the prop is compensated by your weight. It just balances the boat better. Don't know about that other boat. Buy the freaken Corsie!!!

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 03:22 PM
BUT IS IT A CORCIE. HOW DO I KNOW. IF I CALL THE GUY AND GET THE SERIAL # OF THE HULL WILL THAT TELL ME THE MODDLE? IF SO HOW? :confused:

Forrest
06-19-2002, 03:36 PM
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE (sorry). . . Would someone please post a picture of a Corsican so THRILL can see if it's like the boat he is thinking of buying?

Thanks in a capital way!!!

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Yes it would. But the boat appearently has been retitled so the State numbers will not tell us anything. If there are numbers impressed in the upper starboard transom, it isn't a '71 or a Corsican........Photos please.......

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell595.jpg

smoothie
06-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Seeker,
Is Sparta,Ohio just south of Mansfield?If it is Im not to far from you,maybe I could take alook at this boat and let you know what it is,I would be more than happy to,if you would only give me a phone no. or an address :) :) :) :) :)

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey Smooth the boat is in New York. or I would probably be all over every detail about the boat.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey guys i called the guy and he said it was a Donzi GT. So if thats the case it is a 21 footer, and not a 19. I looked it up in the model list and it does look like one. from what i can tell.

Formula Jr
06-19-2002, 08:27 PM
So what started out as a 19' Sutphen/Donzi, then Corsican, is now a 21 GT? me post no more....whiteman not know what buy....... :D