PDA

View Full Version : To Supercharge or not to Supercharge ... That is the question

Donzi Blackhawk
07-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Playing around with joining the "Fastest 22 Classic Gang". I have a line on another engine, different gears for the Blackhawk and yes even different pitch props. I'm not worried about the gearcase because I have something to take care of that issue. Between the Supercharged engine, Blackhawk bottom and Blackhawk Drive, this could be one bad ass Classic.

Well guys? Go for it or leave it alone? Let's take a poll.

Bryant (Mr. Supercharged Blackhawk?)

Greg Maier
07-14-2003, 04:10 AM
I think you should go for it, just make sure that you have XR upper gears in the Blackhawk Drive. Are you going to use Blackhawk props with more than a 31 pitch?

Red 22
07-14-2003, 06:23 AM
"If it Aint broke, fix it till it is!"
Now did'nt I see that sign hanging in your office during the owners rally factory tour??

You have the nicest BlackHawk on the planet......
Dont mess it up, I gather you did not sell it?

Donzi Blackhawk
07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Red,

Good memory...almost. The sign in my office says "I know what happened here...I'm cool with it!" Thanks for the comment on my Blackhawk. I decided to keep it...great way to spend time with family and friends.

Bryant

HP 600SC
07-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Gees, that Oliver guy just wont go away!!
(inside joke) Bryant, as long as you keep all the original stuff for collectibility.......
sounds like fun, do it!!
Ted

BigGrizzly
07-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Go for the supercarger and 7 psi of boost and make me the beneficary of your insurance policy!!! Just so you know an engine similar to mine has broken 11 bravo drives and 2 XR drives as of last week but engine is fine.

Donzi Blackhawk
07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Randy,

Sounds like someone is having drive problems!Are they following proper break in procedures on the drives or are they just breaking them. Depending on the horsepower of the engine, some people need to step up to bigger drives from Merc.

Bryant

BigGrizzly
07-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Remember my motor has well over 650 HP and 700 ft lbs of torque at 3977 rpms. The big merc drives come apart if abused with this motoe combo. I will say that these guys did break them in than beat the stuffing out of them. Only the new complete Imco package lasts. This is one of many reaasons I havn't gone to the bravo package I am stronger with the TRS and trans. Good luck on mods if anyare done, and keep that boat!!!!