PDA

View Full Version : 58MPH AWOT?

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 10:50 AM
THAT GUY IS TELLING ME THAT THE 19 ' BOAT WITH THE 400 SB PUSHING 400 HP TIED TO AN ALPHA DRIVE IS ONLY GETING
HIM 58 MPH AWOT. WITH THE MOTOR PUSHING 4500rpm. DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT. SHOULD IT BE PUSHING MORE RPMS, SHOULDNT IT GO FASTER THAN THAT.

Forrest
06-19-2002, 10:56 AM
Need more info, picture, prop, weight, hull design, etc. One thing that I do know is that a 400 CID/ 400 hp engine turning an Alpha is a grenade waiting to go off.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 11:00 AM
THE BOAT IS A 1971 19' DONZI. I DONT KNOW WHAT MODEL IT IS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT TO. HE SAID THAT THE ALPHA WAS BEAFED UP, AND IF I KEEP IT IN THE WATER IT WILL BE FINE. IT DOES HAVE A MIRAGE STAINLESS ON IT.

Rootsy
06-19-2002, 11:19 AM
well ok.. keepin it in the water and sloooooowly accelerating and no WOT pulls for any length of time in any wavy water might get you one or two more WOT runs before it grenades, it literally is a time bomb... and you can't see the ticker... 350 hp max for any kind of longevity... and that is edgy.. anything more and you better be really ginger with it and pray that god and the insurance company like you... and beefed up HD gears in an alpha aren't anywhere near enough to handle that power... if the gears don't go the shafts will... and if the HD prop shaft is in it.. that transfer shaft is all that is left... and they are weak... and all it takes is one small tiny piece of metal between 2 gear teeth to destroy the rest...

i have had the itch to push the HP envelope a time or two in the 16 but thank god i always seem to come back to reality... once in a while with some sane persuasion from a few people who are more stable than me... wink

Tommy McDermott
06-19-2002, 12:39 PM
ya, get rid of the alpha.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 12:44 PM
HEY TOMMY IM NOT TOO FAR FROM YOU . MY GIRL FRIENND GREW UP IN LEWIS CENTER. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD REPLACE IT WITH A BRAVO, IF SO HOW MUCH RERIGING WOULD NEED TO BE DONE. AND HOW MUCH$$$.

Tommy McDermott
06-19-2002, 02:58 PM
go with a bravo 1. do you ever run on Alum Creek?
if you do, look for us, red with black stripes 19' baja. as for costs, i have no idea.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 03:07 PM
I GO OVER THERE NOW AND THEN. I AM TAKING MY SEA DOO CHALENGER THERE TOMARROW. ME AND MY BUDDY MIGHT TAKE HIS 28 CIG. THERE IN NEXT SAT.

ThrillSeeker
06-19-2002, 03:08 PM
YEAH I GO THERE ONCE IN A WHILE. I AM TAKING MY SEA DOO CHALENGER THERE TOMARROW.
BUT ME AND MY PAL ARE GOING TO TAKE HIS 28 CIG. THERE NEXT SAT. :D